Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
275 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 13 September 2007 13:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: eminence speaker
That's right. Smaller diameter, shorter length or both.Helmholtz Formula
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 13 September 2007 10:41 «» By: j.luis
Hy .Wayne thanks for your answer when you say a port change to raise the Helmholtz frequency the port need to get smaller .thanks
3 Forum: General «» Posted on: Wed, 12 September 2007 09:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Help with my car audio
This is best tested empirically. The Helmholtz formula assumes a straight, unimpeded port. Deviations from that usually change the resonant frequency somewhat.
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 11 September 2007 08:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Great price for those speakers! PiAlign suggests 1.1ft3 tuned to 40Hz, which is in between the size of the one π and two π cabinets. Your speaker will work very nicely in boxes from 1.0ft3 to 5.0ft3 (28L - 140L) tuned to 40Hz - 45Hz. Basically, it will...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 23 August 2007 14:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Basshorn Size
Hoffman's Iron Law states that the efficiency of a woofer system is directly proportional to its cabinet volume and the cube of its cutoff frequency. What this means is the most powerful subwoofer systems are necessarily large.What this formula says is y...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 24 March 2007 11:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: port/duct position question in a simple ported system
The main feature of a bass-reflex cabinet is a Helmholtz resonator, and port position is not relevant. However, the shape of the cabinet, and the positions of the driver and port might be, if standing waves setup within the box in the bass frequency rang...
7 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Tue, 13 March 2007 00:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pipes, tapered pipes and Helmholtz resonators
Here's another link with additional information. The document basically describes, among other things, the effects on standing wave nodes in a pipe of constant taper, when the taper rate is perturbed with expansions and/or contractions along its path. I...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 11 March 2007 14:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Sound absorbtion
R13 is simply fiberglass insulation that's 3.5" thick, uncompressed. It's used to absorb unwanted midrange frequencies inside the cabinet. Bass passes right through it because it isn't thick enough to absorb bass energy, and that's exactly what we want....
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 08 March 2007 14:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Acoustical Klein-Gordon Equation
There has been some talk here and on various audio discussion boards about the use of secondary resonators and other modifiers to smooth the nodes and antinodes in quarter-wave pipes and small basshorns. Methods for doing this include reactance annulling...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 27 February 2007 09:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: You've got mail!
I'm not sure I'd use a JBL 2226 in a LaScala. You could model it and see how it will act. I also recall a modification to the basic LaScala cabinet you might try. This is a mod proposed by djk that uses a Helmholtz resonator in the rear chamber to boos...
Pages (28): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:17:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio