Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 September 2018 09:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Will it work? Audio in conservatorie?
You can use seven π cornerhorns with distributed multisubs or four π mains with flanking subs and possibly one or two distributed multisubs. Either setup will work for you in that room, and I think they'll sound pretty good. I always prefer constant di...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 03 September 2018 20:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Horn mouth vs. front baffle or "speaker cone"
Here's a post that contains a video that shows measurement of vertical nulls: Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakersThe thread above shows my design process for crossover optimization of matched-directivity two-way speakers like the thre...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 03 September 2018 19:02 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Horn mouth vs. front baffle or "speaker cone"
I think I understand what you mean by "vertical nulls". I had something like that in my living room system due to room dimensions or nulls that I attributed to a low 7.5' ceiling. While sitting on the couch listening to my system (4pi's wit...
4 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Thu, 09 August 2018 14:07 «» By: Barryso
Re: 3 subs to setup
I appreciate the help. We'll play with the sub positions based on your recommendations to smooth things out. If it goes well maybe he can be convinced to get 12 db crossovers and use 2 of the subs flanking his speakers. Thanks!
5 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Mon, 06 August 2018 11:08 «» By: Barryso
3 subs to setup
Hi Wayne, A friend has a room with some nasty bass issues. We've put a few subs towards the rear of the room to compliment the existing sub that's not too far from the speakers. It has helped quite a bit. Yet the bass is still pretty uneven from se...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 05 August 2018 08:06 «» By: tmuikku
Re: 3Pi bass reflex plans
Hi Wayne! Could you send me the 3pi sub plans as well? Looking to build flanking subs. Thank you! -Teemu
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 27 July 2018 08:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Two Subwoofers
Outside and inside are very different. Outside, you want all sources to combine coherently. This means you want sound sources grouped together, and their acoustic centers aligned. When two subs are placed at each ends of a stage, bass suffers from...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 14 July 2018 13:10 «» By: joshua43214
Re: Build Thread: 2Pi Towers, 6Pi Corner horns (and possibly a sub and center)
Hello everyone, please accept my apologies for the long delay on continuing this thread. Along the way to finishing the project several things happened that took away my time on one hand, and took the wind out of my sails on the other. I continued to have...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 08 July 2018 11:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer Setup
That's great to hear, Barry. Thanks for the feedback! As you and I have discussed, I'm a big proponent of multisubs but I consider the flanking sub aspect to be an additional requirement. I think that distributed multisubs by themselves only solve p...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 June 2018 06:51 «» By: joshua43214
Re: Build Thread: 2Pi Towers, 6Pi Corner horns (and possibly a sub and center)
@johnnycamp5 @Wayne Parham Thanks for the feedback. Sorry about the confusion on speaker size, I was actually referring to the size of the drivers as opposed to the cabinet. My intuition was that the 15" woofer in the 7Pi is just too big for my...
Pages (50): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:46:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio