Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Thu, 28 February 2019 09:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Making your audio sound better
Check out the links below and then do further study by searching terms like "room modes," "multisubs" and "flanking subs." Might also study the concept of the "reverberent field" and the difference between the &qu...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 28 February 2019 08:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi plans
Those look stunning! To improve the upper midbass and lower midrange, you have two options that come to mind right away: 1. Upgrade the midwoofer to the Definimax 4012HO. It's a drop-in swap, with only a single capacitor change on the crossover. ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 February 2019 14:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2 Pi Towers build and flanking subs
You can use either 5/8" or 3/4" panels. The plans show what size port to use for either case. Outside dimensions remain the same. You can use any good quality subwoofer, but do remember that smaller subs necessarily sacrifice either extens...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 February 2019 11:08 «» By: tomgrote
2 Pi Towers build and flanking subs
Hi All I am looking into building 2 Pi Towers. Plan on using 3/4 inch birch pw, do I need to adjust the dimensions or only the port size? Is it possible to place the speakers on the 13" side. Would like a little smaller face. Also thinking of m...
5 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Thu, 10 January 2019 18:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2019
I'm bringing four π mains with flanking subs this year: four π mains with flanking three π subs
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 January 2019 11:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2 Pi Towers and thwack
Oh, that's right. You only have one REL subwoofer. I think we discussed that before. So that makes a flanking sub setup with the REL impossible or at least very compromised. But as far as using as one of a group of distributed subs, you have though...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 04 January 2019 12:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: More on subs
Very good experimentation, and useful information. Thanks for the feedback. I have almost always found that flanking subs are a first priority, and one or two distributed subs are next in priority. But sometimes the priorities switch - Rooms that ha...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 04 January 2019 12:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2 Pi Towers and thwack
Good to know! I learned a couple things from your comments: 1. Your room was overdriven with bass, possibly midbass, when the towers were supplemented with REL subs. Better to omit the subs in that case. 2. The REL subs have a gentle-slope cros...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 04 January 2019 11:35 «» By: Barryso
More on subs
A friend has a really troublesome room. Nice gear but tough room. We've implemented multiple subs in three steps in the past year or so. I'll spare you the details of why it took so long to bring it all together as there were a few technical obstacles...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 28 December 2018 14:50 «» By: Les Winter
Best Amps for 3Pi
I have a pair of 3Pi's and am well pleased with them. I run a pair of flanking subs. So far I have run the 3's with a single ended all triode/no feed back amp (Tubelab SSE) and with an ultralinear el84 amp (stock Dynaco st35). The ultralinear amp is good ...
Pages (50): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Wed May 15 09:13:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio