Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Opinions on this driver?
Opinions on this driver? [message #49388] Thu, 27 April 2006 20:58 Go to next message
On Tilt is currently offline  On Tilt
Esquire
Has anybody used or heard the Audax PR170M0 driver?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Opinions on this driver? [message #49392 is a reply to message #49388] Fri, 28 April 2006 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimbop is currently offline  jimbop
Viscount
Do a search in the High Efficiency Speaker Forum at Audio Asylum - it's been discussed there many times.

Re: Opinions on this driver? [message #49393 is a reply to message #49392] Fri, 28 April 2006 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On Tilt is currently offline  On Tilt
Esquire
AA is where I first heard of it. I just have more faith in the posters over here.

Re: Opinions on this driver? [message #49398 is a reply to message #49393] Fri, 28 April 2006 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree with you 100%. But I've never used that driver so can't comment. Maybe ask on the High Efficiency forum here on ART.

Re: Opinions on this driver? [message #49399 is a reply to message #49388] Fri, 28 April 2006 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I haven't used them but I've heard them, they're a very good midrange driver and pretty tough too. This is what L-acoustics uses for there midrange in there Vdosc professional concert line arrays. I heard them at a Don Henly concert here in T-town and the midrange was very very smooth at a live concert, so I can imagine what they would sound like in a home stereo listening enviroment. And everybody else I've talked to seems to like them and highly recommends them.

HTH
Bill W.

Re: Opinions on this driver? [message #49405 is a reply to message #49388] Fri, 28 April 2006 15:11 Go to previous message
djstan is currently offline  djstan
Chancellor

I used this driver in a Audax designed cabinet, installed in a small
club several years ago. Used an audax tweeter crossed at 6000 and an audax 13 inch mid/woofer with the PR and sounded pretty smooth with four around the floor in the club. I still have a couple kicking around and would like to match it to a midrange conical horn similar to Wayne's because I used their 8 inch pro midrange in a conical horn and what a difference. Very efficient and much more powerful. Had to pad the pad the midrange when used with the Eminence 2001 as it's very efficient. I think this 8" audax is used the the Yorkville TX8.
If you want a copy of the Audax plans using this 6 " midrange email me.

Previous Topic: 4Pi Stage question
Next Topic: Budget "Classic" Two Pi Drivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 05 04:20:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout