Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Seven pi-18 photos?
Seven pi-18 photos? [message #48963] Fri, 24 February 2006 06:16 Go to next message
jeno is currently offline  jeno
Esquire
Has anyone pictures of these speakers so I can get an impression of how big they really are?

Re: Seven pi-18 photos? [message #48968 is a reply to message #48963] Fri, 24 February 2006 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Better idea: Build mock-ups with cardboard. Photos show the aesthetic, but they don't really give an idea about size. You need to cut up a cardboard box or two and make mock-ups, set 'em in your corners and then you'll be able to see what they'll be like in your room.

Re: Seven pi-18 photos? [message #48969 is a reply to message #48968] Fri, 24 February 2006 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks! That's probably a better idea. Could you please send me the plans? The reason why I'm thinking about the 18 version is because it's claimed to go down to 30 hz, while the 15 only reach 40 hz (professional series). How audible is the difference in real life? I like deep strong bass, but when my girlfriend gets to see the cardboard mock-ups I'm afraid she thinks its way too big... Maybe I can get away with the fifteens.

You've got mail! [message #48970 is a reply to message #48969] Fri, 24 February 2006 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The seven π cornerhorn has plenty of bass for my tastes. Room lift from corner loading brings up the deepest bass. I'd suggest seven π-18's for really big rooms, but for all but the largest rooms, the 15" version seven π is plenty.

Re: Seven pi-18 photos? [message #49140 is a reply to message #48969] Fri, 17 March 2006 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias is currently offline  Tobias
Chancellor
I was very interested in the Pi Seven-18 Professional version for it's deeper bass response myself. While I think I could have accomodated their size in my room (16x22), they are considerably larger than the 15" version. I took a chance and went ahead with the smaller 15" pro version. I'm not completely finished building the midhorns yet, but last night I finished the bass bins and hooked them up full range to 200 watt monoblocks. I'm very pleased with the depth and range that the bass has, and I'm also surprised how well the 2226 covers the mids and highs when used full range. I'm used to Von Schweikert VR4s Gen III SEs that are capable of 16hz. The Pi 7 may not go much lower than 40hz, but the quality and quantity of output at that level has surprising impact and articulation.

Re: Seven pi-18 photos? [message #49227 is a reply to message #49140] Sat, 01 April 2006 03:35 Go to previous message
Esquire
This sounds promising! I think I'll take a shot with the fifteens as well. The problem is just that I'm probably going to move during the summer, so I hope I can find a new home with good corners! I just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Previous Topic: Upgrades for the Pi7 crossover
Next Topic: B&C Pi 4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 19:35:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout