Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » DC suburbs.
DC suburbs. [message #48945] Wed, 22 February 2006 08:11 Go to next message
Castlesteve is currently offline  Castlesteve
Chancellor
Hi. Is there anyone in the DC suburbs who has a set of Pi speakers i could take a listen to. I`m trying to decide which way to go with my latest speakers. I would also be most interested in opinions as to which speaker would be most suitable for me. I have a 15Watt push pull EL84 amp on the way fed by a VTV octal preamp and i listen to a large variety of music. I do find however that it is the classical pieces that most speakers tend to struggle with. They muddy up the complex passages and lose the meaning of the music. My listening room is 11 by 22 and is not controlled by my wife, so i am free to build any size speaker i like. That said, my budget is around $600 and i can build my own cabinets.
Steve.

Re: DC suburbs. [message #48949 is a reply to message #48945] Wed, 22 February 2006 13:48 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I realize it isn't just down the street, but if you can make it, come to the Great Plains Audiofest in May. Several models of π Speakers will be there, as well as many other brands of loudspeakers, amplifiers and other components.

In the meantime, I'll look through the database and write customers that have purchased kits or finished loudspeakers in the DC area. Maybe one or two will be willing to contact you. There are lots of regulars here, but even more folks buy their speakers and just use them without ever becoming very involved in this online community.

Previous Topic: I had to do it Wayne...
Next Topic: older plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 22:59:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout