Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne: PiAlign - Strange results for Delta 12 LF
Wayne: PiAlign - Strange results for Delta 12 LF [message #48936] Mon, 20 February 2006 21:16 Go to next message
ThomasF is currently offline  ThomasF
Esquire
I tried to calculate Ve = Vad/Qd with Qd = 1/Qts, and get 1.1 cft for the Delta 12LF (Theater 3), shouldn't it be around 3-4 cft? PiAlign.exe gave me the same results. I used the T/S from the Eminence website.

Also, what is the difference in sound for a PI alignment vs the traditional QB3 or C4/SC4 alignments?

thx, Tom

Eminence model changes [message #48937 is a reply to message #48936] Mon, 20 February 2006 23:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You might check out the formula in the PiAlign document. It shows what calculations are used. You might also be interested in the write-up of various alignments in the post called "Response curves of closed vs. vented systems".

About T/S specs, Eminence changes them periodically without changing model numbers. They have just recently gone through another revision for several of their speakers. Some models of π Speakers were originally designed for an earlier version Eminence driver with different specs.

This has happened several times over the years. Eminence has made many changes, a search through the archives will show several notices to that effect. If a driver change results in a non-viable system design, I modify the cabinet or drop the model altogether. But if the response isn't worsened by the driver spec change, I usually don't.
Previous Topic: Hy Wayne please.
Next Topic: pi question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 02 17:22:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout