Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Ray Davies concert
Ray Davies concert [message #5399] Wed, 13 October 2004 08:31 Go to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
In a few hours, I'll be at a concert with Ray Davies & band - I'll be going with my sister. Davies is 60, we figured we might go and see him while there is still time. Both of us are fans of him, or more correctly, him and The Kinks - from way back in the sixties.

Re: Ray Davies concert [message #5400 is a reply to message #5399] Wed, 13 October 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's cool! Please report back and tell us how it was!

Re: Ray Davies concert [message #5401 is a reply to message #5399] Thu, 14 October 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
T'was great! He played new stuff, of course (sounded good!), but also a lot from the old days. "You Really Got Me", "Sunny Afternoon" and much more of that old stuff (sis & I loved it, of course) - he finished of with "Lola" :-) Concert lasted ~1½ hour. Ray seemed really in shape, in some ways more 'raw', and better, than before. Band was good, very basic, drums, bass & lead guitar - Ray himself on rythm guitar. Sound was OK, too - I could hear what he sang (the words I mean) clearly, bass & guitars were fine, too. Only problem was that the drums had a tendency to 'disappear'. Small venue, about 350-400 people. It was very loud every once in a while - my ears are still a bit stunned...

I'm very happy I went!

Re: Ray Davies concert [message #5402 is a reply to message #5401] Fri, 15 October 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Man, John, that's sounds like it must have been soooo cool!

Re: Ray Davies concert [message #5403 is a reply to message #5401] Fri, 15 October 2004 20:08 Go to previous message
Master
He also played "David Watts", "Dead End Street" - a lot of the old stuff. I was really quite surprised, I expected to hear some, but not all that much! Not that I'm complaining...

Only problem was to get sis back from 'teenage mode' :-D

Previous Topic: Back to School
Next Topic: Classical webstreams and soundcards
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 14:07:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers