Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » The audio component I long for the most.
Re: The audio component I long for the most. [message #46333 is a reply to message #46320] Wed, 16 February 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Acklin is currently offline  Larry Acklin
Baron
About those panels? What is the product? Where could I buy some? Brand? Their thickness? (questions, questions)

My home studio project will be needing something like this in large quantities...

Larry

Re: Bill, what are you going to do with almost 200 ft^2 of panel? [message #46334 is a reply to message #46323] Wed, 16 February 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Bill, I presume that is the new ariston table? Nice Speakers by the way...what are they? I a think it looks like a Pi 4 (jbl and altec?) with a super tweet in the martinelli flares? Please elabotrate on their components. Now I see your Sand boxes, I am considering the same for the A7s or 7 pis if I ever get the cabs built...I have the drivers ready.

Thanks, russellc

Re: The audio component I long for the most. [message #46343 is a reply to message #46305] Thu, 17 February 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAL is currently offline  LAL
Baron
James,
I have Stage 4Pi's also. They sound fine in my large main listening room. I have also tried them in 12'x18' room as the left/right speakers in a home theater setup. Here of necessity I had to set them off the floor a couple of feet on the bottom section of a floor standing bookshelf/entertainment center(biggest bookself speakers I have ever seen!) They actually sounded very good off the floor a few feet. I had the advantage that the left speaker had an large open door way right at the first reflection point. The same speakers on the floor in my untreated rec room sound boomy and harsh. The room is indeed very important. If you haven't already tried it I would definitely experiment with angling them in from the corners and raising them a couple feet off the floor. Some room treatment on side walls could also go a long way towards improving things.

Re: Questions, questions [message #46346 is a reply to message #46333] Thu, 17 February 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'm guessing the panels are by Owens-Corning but I haven't been to see them, just called. My local dealer is UBC stores all over the mid-West. I'll let you know as soon as I pick them up.
:

Re:JBL, Altec, Martinelli, Parham, Speakerman and me [message #46347 is a reply to message #46334] Thu, 17 February 2005 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The crossover is Speakermans take on Wayne's Pi crosover, and I fooled with attenuation and arrived at 32 ohms and .47uF. The 811B horns are now decorative 'cause good as they are Bill Martinelli's Woodhorns kill them with the 806A drivers.

I thought CD's sounded good; I had no idea how great they would sound until I started playing vinyl again.

Re:JBL, Altec, Martinelli, Parham, Speakerman and me [message #46350 is a reply to message #46347] Thu, 17 February 2005 19:53 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Oh, I see. The extra 811 threw me! Boy, I know what you mean about the vinyle...thrilling fun to listen to. I have always enjoyed the turntable, something about the mechanical nature is very appealing to me as a component. And then the thrill of the vinyle hunt. I would love a set of Bill M's horns if I ever get the pi7 cabs built/bought. Very nice speakers there!

Regards,
Russellc

Regards, Russellc

Previous Topic: Pi 4 w/ midhorn
Next Topic: Classic Studio 2 vs new Vifa Studio 2 - a comparison
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 12:45:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio