Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » pi corner horn
Re: pi corner horn [message #43692 is a reply to message #43690] Fri, 16 January 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Morrison is currently offline  David Morrison
Chancellor
maybe i will try that one first. can a slot port be used in this box i love using them. i can adjust tuning for them freely to get the sound i want. also is port sound a big problem.

what would happen if i used the first sub with the box i am currently using which was the recommended box by the manufactor. Would it just lack in low's or be really boomy. Just curious.

I hope i am not a pain these just interest me.

Re: pi corner horn [message #43694 is a reply to message #43692] Fri, 16 January 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Several models use a rectangular port; Some cylinder diameters are hard to obtain so I use a box-shaped port instead. And as long as the port isn't too small and power very high, port sound isn't a problem. But if the port is too small and airspeed becomes too high, you'll hear 'em chuff.

Re: pi corner horn [message #43729 is a reply to message #43680] Tue, 20 January 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Morrison is currently offline  David Morrison
Chancellor
what would hapen if i put the recomended horn on a larger volume box would this keep the responce better.

Re: pi corner horn [message #43730 is a reply to message #43729] Tue, 20 January 2004 13:42 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You'd have to model or measure its response and see. From the simulations I ran of the woofer you've mentioned on this thread, performance suffers when using a significantly larger box.

Previous Topic: Some Newbie Questions
Next Topic: Audiophile parts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:05:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout