Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help, measuring power handling
Help, measuring power handling [message #42605] Wed, 01 October 2003 02:25 Go to next message
Gabriel is currently offline  Gabriel
Baron
Dear Wayne,
Could you please explain to me the simplest method of how to measure the power handling of one speaker system (not individual driver).
Thank's in advance.

Regards,
Gabriel Temmy

Re: Help, measuring power handling [message #42606 is a reply to message #42605] Wed, 01 October 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can model a loudspeaker circuit in Spice, to learn what its failure points are. You can model the circuit in Spice to find the peak power points, and then verify by testing at those frequencies to confirm that your components met expectations. Or you can run several test iterations using the same loudspeaker model at various frequencies to find and plot points of failure.

You might want to check the last couple dozen pages of the π Crossover Document, because it shows the power curve of each part in the speaker circuit. That will give you an idea what I'm talking about.

Thank's [message #42608 is a reply to message #42606] Wed, 01 October 2003 09:45 Go to previous message
Gabriel is currently offline  Gabriel
Baron
Thank's, I will check the crossover document again.
Previous Topic: Audiophile series 7
Next Topic: Re-Foaming vintage speakers.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 14:29:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio