Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Family Album finally pried from ex's bony claws
Family Album finally pried from ex's bony claws [message #42142] Fri, 08 August 2003 18:13 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Missing most but rescued a few pix of what used to come from my shop before Wayne and Bill taught me to make speakers:

What's up with that parallax?

Made a little bedroom furniture on request:

And some kid's stuff, too:

Wish I had some pix of my dogs!

Re: Family Album finally pried from ex's bony claws [message #42145 is a reply to message #42142] Sat, 09 August 2003 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Bill!

Thanks for sharin' the views with us. The dresser and the mirrored table looked nice, and that music stand looks excellent! Cool stuff!

What other neat things have you built? Ever built cabinets like the old tube radios used? I think that would really be a cool thing to do. A niche market for modern hand-made tube radios might develop.

Wayne

Re: This note's for you [message #42151 is a reply to message #42142] Sat, 09 August 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Nice going, What the hell did you start building speakers for!

I want to make a similar music stand for my daughter. Are there any guidlines that should be followed or just build what ever works?

Marti

Re: This note's for you [message #42162 is a reply to message #42151] Sun, 10 August 2003 17:24 Go to previous message
CurrentlyInebriated is currently offline  CurrentlyInebriated
Esquire
Hmmmm........guidelines............
wellll.......if you're sitting and playing as opposed to standing, the woodwind looking part top should be about reach straight out and touch high. Then you'd have about 2-6" of rod and then the desk. I bored the hole with a long bellhangers in a piecce of copper pipe on the tail of the lathe so the 3/4" dowel would be long enough to permit raising the desk for both sitting and standing. Also made the junction of dowel an desk an arc that pivots on a piece of 1/4" round brass stock with 4, I think,. index points for tilt. Drilled out and tapped more brass for the brass key that holds the dowel in place. I made the horizontal bookrest protrude an inch with a vertical piece dadoed on to hold something as bulky as one of those pale yellow Schumann books. mahogany for the turning and sliding dovetail tripod legs and Bubinga for the desk which is joined with mahogany splines.
Wish the picture was better. It's my masterpiece.
Previous Topic: Using 2 different woofer?
Next Topic: Great site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 09 22:22:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout