Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » theater 4Pi vs stage 4Pi
theater 4Pi vs stage 4Pi [message #42077] Fri, 01 August 2003 16:22 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Can't seem to decide between these two for home use, 17 x 14 room.
If anyone could give there two cents, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Russellc

Re: theater 4Pi vs stage 4Pi [message #42078 is a reply to message #42077] Fri, 01 August 2003 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Both are great speakers. I like the sound of the Stage series over the Theater. While the Theater might have deeper bass the Stage has a tighter sound that I can hear. The cabinet for the Stage is also smaller making it easier to place and build. I like them on a small stand off the floor or angle back too. The downside to the stage is that it cost a little more.

Bill

Re: theater 4Pi vs stage 4Pi [message #42080 is a reply to message #42078] Sat, 02 August 2003 07:12 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thank you for the response. I sort of figured this would be the case, slightly looser sound from the theater, but that extra bass extension was interesting. actually, the size of the theater system also applealed to me, and is still smaller than my A 7 altecs are!
As I am also interested in the stage series 7 Pi which uses the same driver as the 4 pi stage this is probably the way to go. On the other hand, the drivers for the theater 4 pi are very inexpensive! So many speakers, so little time. In either, I will be using altec horn/compression drivers for the high frequencies.
Russellc
Previous Topic: Attenuator cap in crossover question
Next Topic: Theater 4 Pi with addition super tweeter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 17:15:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers