Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater Pi 4 bass response
Re: 'Flight of the Cosmic Hippo' ... I gotta try that [message #41780 is a reply to message #41776] Wed, 02 July 2003 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jtsjf is currently offline  jtsjf
Chancellor
I hope you enjoy that passage. I do have to warn you that it's kind of weird bluegrass-jazz, and Bela Fleck plays the banjo. Not for the faint of heart- it's NPR music, LOL.
The tweeter output is above what I consider midrange as well. But padding that output down a bit allowed me to hear more of the lower frequencies. I can't explain it very well, and it sounds like we may be talking about different aspects of the sound. But also to put this in perspective, I use 300B amps and a highly modified forplay preamp.
I have no idea how good or sensitive my hearing is. Probably lousy, since I've been riding motorcycles for 25 years. At least I wear earplugs nowdays. Well, not when I'm listening to music...

cheers,
Jason

Try UFO TOFU also from Bela. nt [message #41782 is a reply to message #41780] Wed, 02 July 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
nt
Re: Theater Pi 4 bass response [message #41783 is a reply to message #41757] Wed, 02 July 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
Yeah have to agree with you there. The room is key so is the box tunning. Seems to me Wanyes boxes are tight so there is not much boom or bloom to begin with. So its either you are used to too much bass blur from the sloppy tunning or its so much more than that 8 incher that you can't get used to the real power down there when you hear the real thing. I just don't think most systems/rooms really do bass right in the first place. Frankly my right you might may not be your right. JMHO
What size coil did you add and take out ? (nt) [message #41788 is a reply to message #41770] Wed, 02 July 2003 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neo is currently offline  Neo
Baron
I rode motorcycles too... [message #41789 is a reply to message #41780] Wed, 02 July 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neo is currently offline  Neo
Baron
and I'm sure it didn't help my hearing, but I think breaking-in model airplane motors with no muffler when I was in high-school was worse... but I love the sound of a 2 stroke winding up.

I'm using a set of Parabee 300b's now myself. Before that it was a Paramour 2A3.

See ya,
Tom

.39mH Alpha Core (nt) [message #41826 is a reply to message #41788] Mon, 07 July 2003 09:03 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
nt
Previous Topic: The Final Decision
Next Topic: 4 Pi Construction Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 01:46:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio