Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 4 passively biamped
Re: Theater 4 passively biamped [message #39757 is a reply to message #39735] Mon, 06 January 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
I think the ultimate goal is to have a system where the filtering is done in a low current circuit ie. line level with a minimal use of capacitors/resistors with the inherent phase problems. Tubes are much better at doing this (is what I understand). Then you can modify/ design you amplifiers to have the required freq. roll-offs which eliminates elements in the filter. So with what seems like adding complexity, you can end up with actually more optimized and simpler circuits with inherently more purity of sound. The reason this isn't usually done is that manufacturers don't want to design all the components in a system to work well with only those components.
Bill, I look forward to hearing about your Ella and Pi's. Do you have the amp up and running?

G.

Re: Still unpacking boxes from the move [message #39764 is a reply to message #39757] Mon, 06 January 2003 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Where the hell are the hemostats?
Re: Theater 4 passively biamped [message #39766 is a reply to message #39757] Mon, 06 January 2003 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Sorry, I just re-read my post and I can bearly make sense out of it. I hope you were able to figure out what I was trying to say. Harvey Rosenberg, aka "Dr.Gizmo" ran a few articles in ? a few years ago about the benefits of tube crossovers mostly focusing on the Marchand units. These articles can be found at the Marchand website and by searching for "Tube crossovers" on google, etc.

G.

P.S. Bill, Are you back in Fla??

Yes, but there was actual progress on you cabinets today!(nt) [message #39767 is a reply to message #39753] Mon, 06 January 2003 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
nt
Ooh! Ooh! Tell me more! [message #39768 is a reply to message #39767] Mon, 06 January 2003 17:41 Go to previous message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
The anticipation and suspense is killing me. ;-)

Well, the former yes, the latter, no. I'm really ready to enjoy these bad boys.

Keep your ears and your mind open.

Previous Topic: New Participant
Next Topic: FRIED TWEETER!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Need help with tweeter protector!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 15:50:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio