Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What's going on in Pi world, eh?
beta testing the Pi Tube Active Xover [message #39405 is a reply to message #39383] Mon, 09 December 2002 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
Wayne,
Let me know when you have values nailed down for the Pi-TAX beta testing...I can implement them when I put the boards from Gary together. I'll be chasing parts for a couple of weeks still. Once the boards are "in hand" I can see about the needed tube sockets, and consider my chassis options...might even be able to unearth a pair of 6DJ8 NOS tubes:) Are you staying with that tube?
Not knowing the final values makes it a premature question...BUT WHERE is a source for the close tolerance caps in pF sizes? Sam
Re: beta testing the Pi Tube Active Xover [message #39407 is a reply to message #39405] Mon, 09 December 2002 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Will do. I think Kevin Grier is planning to do the same. Should be right around the corner - I'll keep you posted.
Re: beta testing the Pi Tube Active Xover [message #39416 is a reply to message #39407] Tue, 10 December 2002 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EZ Angus is currently offline  EZ Angus
Esquire

I have the parts purchased for a 650 hz x-over (for my altec 416 pi's) and a chassis laser cut and powder coated that I will pick up this weekend. I also have a pair of gary kaufman's boards for steve bench's circuit w/o any compensation. when I told wayne what I was up to, he got interested in refining the circuit which he is now doing. I am going to try mine with and without compensation i think. I'd hope to have it built by the new year, but then I'd have to build the speakers too cause all my other speaks are FR single drivers.

Kevin

Active implementation of π compensated crossover using 6DJ8 tube [message #39602 is a reply to message #39383] Wed, 25 December 2002 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pav is currently offline  pav
Esquire
Its very intresting. tell some more i will make pi 7 horn speaker.
Your kit is on its way! [message #39603 is a reply to message #39602] Wed, 25 December 2002 23:31 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Your seven π Speaker kit is on the way! Please let us know how you like your speaker after you finish it.
Previous Topic: An Inadvertent Christmas Present?
Next Topic: Stomberg Carlson really cool tube amp on 4-pi pro/Altec
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 14:41:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout