Home » Audio » LSAF » Any new product announcements that will be displayed at LSAF 2008 in Dallas?
Any new product announcements that will be displayed at LSAF 2008 in Dallas? [message #4745] Fri, 28 March 2008 11:41 Go to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hello everyone,

It is getting close to time for LSAF. And I was curious if anyone has any new products planned to show at the festival in May?

I am looking forward to this years event, especially since this will my first trip to Dallas after the show was moved from Tulsa.

I hope to see all of you from Tulsa, and meeting new people at the show.

Until May, enjoy this beautiful spring change.

NW

Re: Any new product announcements that will be displayed at LSAF 2008 in Dallas? [message #4746 is a reply to message #4745] Fri, 28 March 2008 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Good post. I'm wondering too; Time for a head count.

Here's what I know off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'm missing several. Chime in if you know others.

I'll be bringing a pair of four π's this year with JBL 2226, B&C DE250 and top-of-the-line crossovers.

Keith Larson of Smith and Larson Audio will be bringing his latest testers and will be doing a seminar on electro-mechanical and acoustic measurements.

Bob Brines will be bringing his latest and greatest stuff and will be doing a presentation on quarter-wave pipes.

Element Cable will be there.

Duke LeJeune of AudioKinesis will be bringing his speakers, and if I remember, he has something new.

Great Plains Audio is bringing some of their stuff.

MaxxHorn is going to be there with their speakers.

SoundStage! will be there.

I know I'm forgetting a lot of vendors and equipment. Please forgive my omissions and add to the list.

Volunteer needed [message #4747 is a reply to message #4745] Fri, 28 March 2008 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

While we're on the subject, do we have anyone willing to snap photos of equipment and people, taking notes of what's displayed in each room? I like to make a series of posts that show equipment and list what's there each year. It's getting harder to do each year though, especially now that Eddie is 18 months old. Kinda have my hands full.

The E-Zines usually do some sort of write-up, but I really like to keep track of what's there and have some photos too. I'll provide the camera and upload the pictures after the show, but need someone that can commit to being there, visiting each room, taking some photos and writing down the model numbers of the equipment on display. Please contact me if you're interested.

What are "top-of-the-line crossovers"? [message #4750 is a reply to message #4746] Mon, 31 March 2008 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Can you let us know what are in your "top-of-the-line crossovers"?.....C

Re: What are "top-of-the-line crossovers"? [message #4751 is a reply to message #4750] Tue, 01 April 2008 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

They have Auricaps, Mills resistors and Jantzen 15 guage pure copper air-core coils.

BassMaxx and Feastrex [message #4753 is a reply to message #4745] Wed, 02 April 2008 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip_Pack is currently offline  Skip_Pack
Chancellor
Following other threads in other places, I heard that
Bob at Bassmaxx has been very favorably impressed with
the unobtanium Feastrex drivers. I'd love to hear them
at LSAF.

Skip

Re: Volunteer needed [message #4756 is a reply to message #4747] Fri, 04 April 2008 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'll try and take as many pics as I can while I'm there, and you're more than welcome to use any that you need. No guarantee they'll be any good as I'm not too familiar with my camera yet And I can try to take notes about what people have brought as well.

Another note [message #4757 is a reply to message #4756] Fri, 04 April 2008 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Wayne, I will be arriving Sat. morning and leaving sometime Sun. afternoon, so time will be limited in each room.

Thanks! [message #4758 is a reply to message #4757] Fri, 04 April 2008 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks a million, Shane! It doesn't take too long really, just snap some pics and write down model numbers. We'll hook up Saturday evening and I can download a copy of the photos from your camera and make photocopies of your notes.

Re: BassMaxx and Feastrex [message #4759 is a reply to message #4753] Fri, 04 April 2008 15:55 Go to previous message
Cyclotronguy is currently offline  Cyclotronguy
Chancellor
Feastrex unobtanium.... hardly! My brother-in-law just bought a pair from Japan, accordingly availability is not an issue. Now obtaining the funds for such a purchase... well, that may very well be another issue.

Cyclotronguy

Previous Topic: LSAF 2008
Next Topic: LSAF Room Reservations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:19:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers