Home » Audio » General » Do you pay for music?
Don't know..... [message #4534 is a reply to message #4532] Fri, 07 September 2007 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've never burned a CD...

Re: Do you pay for music? [message #4540 is a reply to message #4515] Tue, 11 September 2007 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
This is just sort of an aside, not trying to hijack the thread

I bought a CD by Teresa James from her site and when it came it had a small photo of her. It was signed by her and said "Thank you for buying my music" It makes music more personal to me. I realize that the photo is no big deal but you don't even get that from big labels.

Mike

Re: Do you pay for music? [message #4541 is a reply to message #4515] Wed, 12 September 2007 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BarryS is currently offline  BarryS
Esquire
It is particulary important to pay for music for the "unpopular" styles of music. Folk, jazz, classical, etc. are tiny portions of the music industry and they really are struggling to surive as a viable business model.

There are musicians that *hope* that their latest cd will sell 5,000 or 10,000 copies. At those numbers every single sale is important.

It just wouldn't be right not to pay after they put their heart and soul into their music.

Re: Do you pay for music? [message #4542 is a reply to message #4540] Wed, 12 September 2007 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like that kind of stuff too. Aside from the ethical reasons to buy rather than copy, it's important to me to have the cover artwork, inserts, etc.

Re: Do you pay for music? [message #4646 is a reply to message #4518] Tue, 01 January 2008 13:19 Go to previous message
Jeffery L is currently offline  Jeffery L
Chancellor
What I know of "no-name" band's, is that when I buy their CD, it's more beer for them.

My drummer's son's band spends all their money on getting drunk, my old band spent all their money on drugs. Punk rock is a killer!!

Previous Topic: Fisher SA-300b volume]balance Mod
Next Topic: Happy New Years!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 15:09:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout