Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2008
LSAF 2008 [message #4499] Mon, 13 August 2007 14:37 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The Lone Star Audiofest in 2008 will be held on May 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I know that's a long way out, but we start planning practically right after a previous year's show is over. It doesn't hurt to get your name on the list early, so contact me if you know you'll be there. Right now, we have 25 rooms and a conference room penciled in.

Embassy Suites has assured me that the hotel will be quiet. The rooms are as good as hotels get, but last year they were working on one of the floors on Friday. Saturday they stopped and that was better, but still, we were disappointed with the noise from the workers on Friday and again on Sunday. This year, they promised that wouldn't happen. Same thing with the conference room - Last year we were next to an evangelical bunch that were pretty loud. The seminars were sometimes "cheered on" by hallelujahs from the folks next door. You can hear them in some of the recordings of the talks. So the hotel staff promised a quiet environment for us at LSAF 2008

Speaking of the recordings of the seminars, if any of you want a copy, write to me. We saved them all on disk and have edited them down. Melissa had planned to put them on the ART radio station and announce times they'd be aired. I suppose she still might do that, but personally, I like keeping my toes tapping to the songs on the station. It might be best to make a download link to the seminar audio files, or send them to people when they ask. So let me know if you want them.

Re: LSAF 2008 [message #4508 is a reply to message #4499] Tue, 04 September 2007 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Duke will be there.

Thanks for making this happen, Wayne.

Re: LSAF 2008 [message #4509 is a reply to message #4508] Tue, 04 September 2007 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Glad you'll be there, Duke! It's always good to hang out with you.

Re: LSAF 2008 [message #4519 is a reply to message #4509] Wed, 05 September 2007 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Man, I hope I can get there this year. I was stoked to go back in May and then that got shot all to heck. Should be warm enough to ride my motorcycle down

Re: LSAF 2008 [message #4578 is a reply to message #4499] Tue, 16 October 2007 08:34 Go to previous message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
And I thought it was a choir celestial endorsing whatever the heck it was I was saying. Man, you could let a guy down easy, yknow!

Ouch! LSAF is stacked on top of AK Fest. Man the cloning station! Find Solomon, ask him to cut the show guy in half. Crud . . . . . What to do, what to do . . . .

Any ART-istic folks make it to RMAF? Whadja like? Hate? How was your overall experience? I have no idea; I never left the Audio Note room, for a change. :-p

Sliding a bald-faced commercial announcement in sideways: We introduced the first USB input DAC from AN, and since it's Level Zero, it's affordable.

Previous Topic: LSAF 2007 coverage...
Next Topic: Any new product announcements that will be displayed at LSAF 2008 in Dallas?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:26:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio