Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 1 Pi's in a car??
1 Pi's in a car?? [message #36723] Sun, 02 June 2002 06:16 Go to next message
desertkd is currently offline  desertkd
Esquire
Wayne - I seem to remember reading somewhere in this forum where you mentioned 1 Pi's in a car. Sounds like a great idea. How would you implement it? All speakers in the back shelf? Woofers in the back, tweeters in the front? Thanks. - Ken.
Re: 1 Pi's in a car!! [message #36729 is a reply to message #36723] Sun, 02 June 2002 12:18 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've used one π's in my cars for a long time. On one occasion, I bolted the cabinets to the passenger compartment firewall that separated the trunk from the back seat. In this installation, the whole speaker system faced forward and was permanently attached. But it is rare that you'll have this as an option and usually only in two seat cars.

Cars with a diagonal hatch are another excellent vehicle for this kind of installation. Cars like these have a large bed in their rear hatch. Put velcro pads on the rear of the speakers and lay them on their backs. This works well if the rear window is angled so that it forms a reflector directing high frequencies forward.

Previous Topic: Vist
Next Topic: Thanks Wayne!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 01:32:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout