Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Binding posts vs 1/4 inch jack vs XLR vs Speakon
Binding posts vs 1/4 inch jack vs XLR vs Speakon [message #36031] Thu, 18 April 2002 13:16 Go to next message
Rudi is currently offline  Rudi
Chancellor
I've looked at various amps at a simular price range,but they all have diffence speaker output connections.

The GEMINI X4 has binding post

The AC EURO has 1/4 jack and speakon

The QSC has XLR connections.

I've heard binding posts can take really thick cable but have a risk of shorts for strands of wire.The 1/4 jack are standard but can't take thick wire. And the XLR and Speakon take thick wire but are expensive for the plugs.

Which should I choose for my home studio,with the occansional disco
I do elsewhere.

Re: Binding posts vs 1/4 inch jack vs XLR vs Speakon [message #36032 is a reply to message #36031] Thu, 18 April 2002 14:20 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, for home use I would just suggest binding posts. The other jacks tend to assume that the speakers you are using have identical input terminals. Since the vast majority of home speakers have conventional binding posts, binding posts on your amp is also a good choice.

However, I would choose your amp based on quality and price, not on what type of outputs it has... Because they aren't *that* hard to interchange.

Adam

Previous Topic: Wayne - Is this a WACKY idea?
Next Topic: attenuating 1197 piezo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 06 01:23:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout