Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2007 slide show
Re: LSAF show coverage - Brines Acoustics [message #4417 is a reply to message #4416] Sun, 15 July 2007 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa is currently offline  Melissa
Viscount
Bob Brines brought three pairs of his speakers to LSAF 2007.

Brines Acoustics FT-1600, LT-2000 and FB-16 loudspeakers

Bob Brines specializes in single driver speakers. He brought several, and augmented them with a subwoofer, shown above in the center. Sometimes, he used Fostex supertweeters on top too. Bob used an audioabraxas amplifier to power his speakers. Sounds great, Bob!

Re: LSAF show coverage - Audio Mirror [message #4418 is a reply to message #4417] Sun, 15 July 2007 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Audio Mirror didn't come to the show until Saturday, so regrettably, I missed them. But from what I understand, they make incredible audio systems. The photo below was sent to us, and is what they brought to the show. I hope to see and hear this incredible system at LSAF 2008!

Audio Mirror system

Re: LSAF show coverage - Custom Isolation Products [message #4419 is a reply to message #4418] Sun, 15 July 2007 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Custom Isolation Products makes the coolest looking tables and racks you've ever seen! I love the cool blue glow. I'm not sure what it does for the sound, but it sure looks great! I'm told it makes a very stable support for audio gear that reduces vibration and noise. Very sleek!

Custom Isolation Products

Re: LSAF show coverage - Element Cable [message #4420 is a reply to message #4419] Sun, 15 July 2007 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Element Cable makes great cables and interconnects at reasonable prices. Chris displayed a wonderful selection of Element Cable products.

Re: LSAF show coverage - Skip Pack's Dallas Audio Club room [message #4421 is a reply to message #4420] Sun, 15 July 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Skip Pack represented the Dallas Audio Club. He brought a squeezebox, DIY tube amp and back loaded single driver horns. Skip's setup was simplicity at its finest.

Skip Pack's system

Re: LSAF show coverage - Hawthorne Audio [message #4422 is a reply to message #4421] Sun, 15 July 2007 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Brad Baker represented Hawthorne Audio. They make what are called open baffle speakers, which are basically drivers mounted on a single panel, without a box. Some say this makes a more natural sound.

Hawthorne Audio speakers driven by Scott electronics

Re: LSAF show coverage - John Busch's DIY room [message #4423 is a reply to message #4422] Sun, 15 July 2007 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
John Busch is an enthusiastic audio hobbyist. He had many interesting audio projects on display.

Re: LSAF show coverage - Pi Speakers [message #4424 is a reply to message #4423] Sun, 15 July 2007 15:20 Go to previous message
Viscount
Naturally, this was my favorite room. We brought our seven Pi cornerhorns and various amps and electronics to drive them with.

We unveiled our new tweeter horn on the seven Pi this year. Wayne has worked hard, getting this just right!

Pi wood horn tweeter

seven Pi cornerhorn loudspeaker

Previous Topic: Dagogo LSAF report
Next Topic: LSAF 2007 coverage...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:05:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers