Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Need Airline Movie Dial glass - 62-318
Need Airline Movie Dial glass - 62-318 [message #32988] Sat, 21 February 2009 12:28 Go to next message
dialadeal is currently offline  dialadeal
Esquire
I have an Airline Movie Dial model 62-318. The glass dial was broken during shipping so I am looking for a replacement.

Any help or referral would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Need Airline Movie Dial glass - 62-318 [message #32989 is a reply to message #32988] Sun, 22 February 2009 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's really hard to find cosmetic parts for antique radios like replacement glass, escrutcheons, etc. You can get the electronics parts but the cabinets and cosmetic parts haven't been made in decades and that's not the kind of thing I'd expect anyone to keep as NOS items. You can sometimes find parts mules on eBay, and frankly, that's probably the only way to get most parts like that.

One other option is maybe fabricating a new replacement. Can you cut a sheet of glass and make a replacement part? Is the dial indicator silkscreened on the glass or is it just clear glass?

Re: Need Airline Movie Dial glass - 62-318 [message #32990 is a reply to message #32989] Sun, 22 February 2009 18:22 Go to previous message
dialadeal is currently offline  dialadeal
Esquire
Thanks for the response Wayne. I have just started looking for the glass. I am not sure if it is silk-screened, but I did find a 62-277 movie dial glass, but I have not been able to find a picture of the 277 model to see if it is the same.

Thanks for your response - very much appreaciated.

Dan

Previous Topic: OUtput. interestange transformers and many more
Next Topic: Altec-Lansing Santana II
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:50:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers