Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Custom built bookshelf cabinets for Merrill DCA 5.5 & other drivers
Custom built bookshelf cabinets for Merrill DCA 5.5 & other drivers [message #32901] Tue, 04 September 2007 13:36 Go to next message
FRITZSPEAKS is currently offline  FRITZSPEAKS
Esquire
I have been building custom loudspeaker systems since 1973 and have some stand mounted cabinets available for the Merrill DCA 5.5 full range drivers & I can also supply bookshelf sized enclosures for those interested in assembling kits or your own designs.

Tell me what speaker components you would like to use & the front baffles will be precision cut & routed out for the drivers to be countersunk. I can help you with the tuning & port dimensions for bass reflex designs. Front or rear ports & terminal connections will also be provided.

The loudspeaker enclosures are fine furniture grade quality cabinets professionally handcrafted in my shop in California and are covered in genuine fine wood veneers, then hand rubbed & oiled.

They are available in several standard finishes (Oak, Cherry, Maple, Walnut & Mahogany) and can be custom ordered in a wide variety of other woods & finishes to match your decor. Check out my Custom finishes page on my web site to see what else is available.

The Merrill cabinets are a bass reflex design tuned to 45 Hz with a flared port on the back to minimize any vent noise and are available in either tall or short versions- 18H x 8W 11.5D or 16H x 9W 11.5D & the internal volume is a little over 1/2 CF or 16L. I get about $350/pr plus shipping (@48 lbs.) for this size and can build larger stand mounted enclosures for more $$. Sure, you can get PE or Madisound boxes for less, but you have to cut & rout them yourself & the grain patterns do not look as nice as the matched & hand laid veneer on these. BTW- These do not have any grills, Audiophiles don't need/use any stinking grills!!

You can check out the Merrill cabinets at the top of my custom finishes page on my web site- http://fritzspeakers.com/custom_finishes.asp

Thanks, Fritz Heiler FRITZSPEAKERS.COM

Forgot to add my E-mail address [message #32902 is a reply to message #32901] Tue, 04 September 2007 13:43 Go to previous message
FRITZSPEAKS is currently offline  FRITZSPEAKS
Esquire
Opps- I forgot to add my e-mail address when I registered- Fritzspeaks@yahoo.com

Previous Topic: ISO: Plate Iron>>UTC CG-301W
Next Topic: Anybody want to buy this
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:57:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout