Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Musical Fidelity A3cr Listing Update
Musical Fidelity A3cr Listing Update [message #32827] Sun, 17 December 2006 18:22 Go to next message
Doug is currently offline  Doug
Chancellor
I am sorry to say that Ebay botched my A3cr listing by ending it several days before the end of the auction. I will be listing this amplifier again the first week of January. Sorry for any inconvienence. Please stay tuned for the new listing.

Cheers,

Doug

Problems with eBay and PayPal [message #32828 is a reply to message #32827] Fri, 22 December 2006 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Why did eBay terminate your listing?

I've seen some things on both PayPal and eBay that I thought were pretty raunchy, so I always try to stay on the lookout for other twists in their "policies". PayPal was hit with a much-deserved class action suit a year or two back, but it ended in a very watered down settlement. I think the plaintiffs all were awarded free credit reports or something equally useless. It was a real sellout by the attornies for the plaintiffs, in my opinion.

It's too bad, because PayPal is a really cool service. It's just that it has grown large enough that they probably should act more like a brick and mortar bank. Ever try to walk in and do business with them if you have a problem? No way. They can hide behind the faceless mask of the internet, and that's no way for a financial institution to act, particularly one with as much money running through it as PayPal does. Same thing with eBay.

Re: Problems with eBay and PayPal [message #32829 is a reply to message #32828] Fri, 22 December 2006 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eddie Munster is currently offline  Eddie Munster
Esquire
Interesting comment Wayne. Somehow, Ebay ended my listings three days early. I woke up Sunday morning to chaos. Two of my items were won for far below the selling price. As you know, the reall bidding doesn't get going until the last few hours. Several people told me that someone hacked my listings but Ebay security would not listen. They said that either me or my wife ended the auctions. Why would I do that? I had lots of interest and many people watching! After a day of hell, they finally reversed the actions and refunded my money.

You are right about the faceless corporation. I had to chat online with them three times before they finally took action. I fairness to them though, the service was not that bad. The online chat worked quite well and they did call me at one point to discuss the issue. The problem was that the first attendant I spoke to would not cooperate. If she had the problem would have been solved early.

I plan to list two of the three items the first week of January.

Cheers and have a great holiday.

Doug

Re: Problems with eBay and PayPal [message #32863 is a reply to message #32828] Sat, 07 April 2007 09:54 Go to previous message
crossroads is currently offline  crossroads
Esquire
I had a roomate messed up with PP and guest what they blocked my account because I was living in the same address even I never have any problem with them. So I asked them to close my account but they refused until now they still have my account but can't send or receive money.

Previous Topic: Altec Monoblocks for sale
Next Topic: fisher xp-16
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:07:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout