Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Ella KT-88/DACT passive attenuator/Hagerman phono preamp
Ella KT-88/DACT passive attenuator/Hagerman phono preamp [message #32627] Fri, 16 September 2005 14:20 Go to next message
Jerrod Harden is currently offline  Jerrod Harden
Baron
I am the second owner of this Consonance Ella amplifier. I removed the stock ALPS pot and replaced it with the outboard attenuator. Original Ella buildup included the filter choke mod and AuriCap coupling capacitors. I updated most internal wiring to fine silver with teflon insulation. The outboard passive attenuator uses a DACT CT-2 100K stepped pot and stainless steel DACT knob. It is wired for two inputs and one output. The input signal and grounds are independantly swiched via individual wired toggle switches. All wiring is 22 gauge fine silver with teflon insulation. The Hagerman Bugle phono preamp is housed in a chassis identical to the passive attenuator. It is built to the recommended parts list and wired in the same fine silver. It is hardwired with a boutique type, fancy power cord with a quality male AC plug. All three component parts are painted to match. My intention was to make a hardwood front panel for the Ella and matching side panels for the attenuator and passive preamp. I did not get the wood accent pieces completed and am no longer using this setup. This combination performs very well with a lot of power for a tubed setup. It's a good platform to experiment with and needs a good home. I'm including a full tube set, unused tube cage and extra parts ordered for the Hagerman preamp/power supply buildup.

Asking price is $725 plus shipping from 61910 zip code
Ella will be double boxed, other items will pack together
Please email at jerrod_harden@yahoo.com with any questions

Sold! nt [message #32630 is a reply to message #32627] Mon, 19 September 2005 10:53 Go to previous message
Jerrod Harden is currently offline  Jerrod Harden
Baron
nt

Previous Topic: FS: Dayton 18" 295-085 Pro Driver Pair NIB
Next Topic: FS: JBL 2426H compression driver pair, excellent condition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:54:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio