Home » Audio » Swap Meet » VPI Jr. for sale. Moving and trading up.
VPI Jr. for sale. Moving and trading up. [message #32617] Mon, 29 August 2005 19:17
OTL is currently offline  OTL
Esquire
I'll be purchasing a VPI Scout after I move in Oct/Nov, so my VPI HW Jr is going up for sale. (gulp!)

VPI HW Jr (33 and 45 RPM, light oak w/dust cover and disk clamp)
Upgraded MK 4 platter (increased density, better speed control, $200 upgrade?)
Audioquest PT-6
Grado 8MZ cart

This 'table/arm/cart was originally purchased by me from the Audio Advisor in late 1995 for a total cost of $1200 and has been sitting on a Target wall mount shelf for 10 years. I have been the ONLY operator and the 'table has been well cared for and is in pretty much "as new" condition. You'll be looking VERY hard to find any cosmetic flaws and as best I can determine it is operationally perfect. However, it may need a belt, $20.00 from VPI. The only modification is that the tonearm cable has been secured on the underside of the table with a clamp and screw.

Although the Grado cart is 10 years old, please realize that it has always been properly aligned (DB Systems tool), NEVER been dropped, always cleaned prior to use and that all my records are vacuumed cleaned using a VPI 16.5. (If needed, a new stylus is available from Grado for less than $100.00.)

I truly understand anyones concern with a 10 y/o cart, (And yes we do have some low level Grado hum with this setup. Honesty sucks, but I've had people dancing in my living room for 10 years, so it can't be too bad..:) ), so I'll take $50.00 off the price below if the Grado is not desired.

The scoop:

Turntable, tonearm, cartridge, manuals and original boxes (tonearm and 'table), allen wrench for verticle arm height, damping fluid and sufficient quantitiy of Slick 50 for bearing setup are included. Insane packing and shipping to anywhere in the continental US for $650.00 plus insurance. ($600 w/o Grado)

I can't believe I'm about to face months without vinyl! Thank God for Steve McCormack, Cal Audio and Apogee.

If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Rgds,
mykebee

Previous Topic: Bob Brines FT-1600 MkII for sale
Next Topic: WTB: CG-301W plate transformer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:24:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers