Home » Audio » Swap Meet » altec 604k 16 ohm NOS.
altec 604k 16 ohm NOS. [message #32570] Fri, 15 July 2005 23:52 Go to next message
drguayo is currently offline  drguayo
Viscount

these are the studio version of this driver - later 80's vintage I believe( i'm no altec expert ) comes with my custom pair of xovers as pictured(all Solen inductors/caps )

this is one of many projects that is going nowhere and I just have to simplify my life : i.e. get rid of everything I own since it is owning me .

would be shipping from Canada

what are these worth anyone?

thanks
craig.

ps: of course everything fully guaranteed and can prove my integrity

also have Bill M's Karlson cabs which could be modified to fit these( all that has to be done is to enlarge to fit the 16" driver(currently sized for Eminence 15")

Re: altec 604k 16 ohm NOS. [message #32571 is a reply to message #32570] Fri, 15 July 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
ad was for a pair of speakers and pair of crossovers, thanks.
craig

Re: altec 604k 16 ohm NOS. [message #32572 is a reply to message #32570] Sat, 16 July 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Absolutely one of the most intelligent things I have heard on a forum yet. You may start a trend of discarding all this equipment clogging up our ability to hear music. Things own you is perfect.

Re: altec 604k 16 ohm NOS. [message #32574 is a reply to message #32570] Sun, 17 July 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rudeboy44 is currently offline  rudeboy44
Esquire
Hi Craig,

I would love to take these off your hands, but I don't think I can give you what they're worth. I have been following Altec duplex auctions on EBay and would think that you could get at least $800 US (and maybe over $1K with the good crossovers) for these. I don't know if the 604K is a coveted version (I think the 8G is one of the most sought). Are the x-overs based on the Jeff Markwart design?? Are they definitely NOS? Would love to hear these in those Karlson cabs! If no one steps up and/or you don't feel like dealing with Ebay etc., ping me and maybe I can find some cash somewhere. Good Luck!

Rich

Re: altec 604k 16 ohm NOS. [message #32575 is a reply to message #32574] Sun, 17 July 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
re: xover design. Remember these are the 16 ohm versions which never came with xovers and were meant for studio use. The common 604 xovers(masterlabs, Markwart) are for the 8 ohm versions. I was mailed a 16 ohm version xover schematic which is supposed to be the best out there.

your pricing is right in the ballpark of what I have in them(minus the research,labour,etc).

so you think I should ebay them?

craig

I'd prefer you give them to me! :-) [message #32577 is a reply to message #32575] Mon, 18 July 2005 17:44 Go to previous message
rudeboy44 is currently offline  rudeboy44
Esquire
Seriously,

The altec duplexes seem to do pretty well on the 'Bay. Looking at some completed auctions, there seems to be a pretty big range, but I would have to think you should get $750 minimum. You can always put in a reserve. Yours seem pretty unique as I don't see a lot of 16 ohm versions. Good luck.

Rich

Previous Topic: Step-down transformer
Next Topic: would like to trade some maggies for bose 901
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:55:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers