Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Altec A7 VOTT cabinets for free pickup in Tulsa, OK! Heavy, authentic, great shape!
Altec A7 VOTT cabinets for free pickup in Tulsa, OK! Heavy, authentic, great shape! [message #32551] Sun, 03 July 2005 11:48 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
So i bought the speakers & angel & his buddy Jerome kindly helped (in fact they did all the work) moved the speakers in to my family room.
Striaght off, they sound very lifelike and have crystal clear dynamics.

Unfortunately, my wife has said the cabinets need to go. So I am offering these A7 cabinets (these are in great shape, with no real deterioration of any kind, built like tanks, more thna one onch thinck wod panels) to anyone who wants them, maybe for a future VOTT project or already has a set of altec drivers. They have authentic Altec VOTT stickers on them, and look really cool (to me, not my wife).

I live in Tulsa, of course.

These cabinets were filled partly wth concrete to deaden the midhorn, this makes them very heavy (but dead sounding which is good for the midhorn). THey weigh approx 300 pounds each. If you are interested in this free pickup, please email me. (of course you pay for the moving, but the cabs are free). I can email pics if you like.
I would strongly recommend a personal pickup with at least one other friend. I'll help yo move them too, for free, at least in terms of loading your truck. But at least two other people are needed to move them. Just so you know. Email me if interested!
-akhilesh

Re: Altec A7 VOTT cabinets for free pickup in Tulsa, OK! Heavy, authentic, great shape! [message #32552 is a reply to message #32551] Sun, 03 July 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, my that's funny, Akhilesh! I'm so sorry to laugh at this situation - I'm laughing with you, not at you. But I can just imagine the discussion you and Aprajita had. Remember my telling you I'd keep my spare bedroom ready for you? How close did you come to needing it?

Re: Altec A7 VOTT cabinets for free pickup in Tulsa, OK! Heavy, authentic, great shape! [message #32553 is a reply to message #32552] Sun, 03 July 2005 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yeah Wayne! Big mistake getting the cabinets.
The drivers are good, but the cabs are just too heavy for me to move around. And the wife was very very unhapy with their size
. Let's just say I pretty much promised to get rid of the cabs an hour or so after buying them! But i'm keeping the drivers to build my own (much smaller) cabs futhre down the line.
-akhilesh

Re: Altec A7 VOTT cabinets for free pickup in Tulsa, OK! Heavy, authentic, great shape! [message #32556 is a reply to message #32553] Tue, 05 July 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can come get them, let me check around work here to see if I can find somebody to help me move them.
Bill W.

Gone! [message #32558 is a reply to message #32551] Wed, 06 July 2005 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks to Bill W. & Bland (sp?) for coming by and picking up the cabinets so they have a good home. Now I can get to work on building a suitable cabinet for the altec 511b that has a decent waf.
-akhilesh

I meant 515b, sorry [message #32559 is a reply to message #32558] Wed, 06 July 2005 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
THe 511b is already a horn!
sorry I can;t keep these damn numbers str8.

-akhilesh

Re: I meant 515b, sorry [message #32560 is a reply to message #32559] Wed, 06 July 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
angel mercado is currently offline  angel mercado
Baron
Hah,akhilesh thats the most important thing in home audio the (Waf) Like my friend Jerone puts it quote "those speakers wont sound to good in the comfort inn " lol good luck with your new cabinets

Try talking to Spkrman57 [message #32561 is a reply to message #32559] Thu, 07 July 2005 08:28 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Ron throws numbers out faster than a baseball anouncer. I know exactly what you mean......Colin

Previous Topic: Bottlehead Foreplay - Nicely upgraded
Next Topic: Akhilesh; you wild and crazy guy!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:20:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio