Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Odds and Ends
Odds and Ends [message #32512] Sat, 25 June 2005 14:05 Go to next message
zincman is currently offline  zincman
Baron
I have a group of stuff I want to get rid off. Ron Sprkman57 has introduced me to the wonderful world of two way Altec set ups, so I have a bunch of drivers and other stuff to sell. Everything is in very good condtion. Go to the link below and see a brief description and picture. Drop me a line for details and price. I would love to sell the whole group at a steal price, but will happily sell individually, and give large discount for multiple items.

Re: Odds and Ends [message #32513 is a reply to message #32512] Sat, 25 June 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You have a great collection there. Love to hear how they all came about.

Those damn Tangbands I was playing with earlier this spring got me hooked on this single driver thing. Can you tell anything about the three sets of full-rangers you have there? Is the Altec 409 a single or pair? Did you ever get a chance to hear these in a cabinet?

Gar.

Re: Odds and Ends [message #32514 is a reply to message #32513] Sun, 26 June 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hey Gar
The 409 Altec is a single speaker, if you can find another it would be a steal at my price of $10, sound is nice, bottom end good, needs help on the top. The Heathkits are a pair. The picture shows them mounted on a couple baffles I had on a back loaded horn cabinet, good bottom end, not impressed with top end so I use a 1st order xover and add a tweeter and they sound very nice. The Telefunkens are by far the best sounding single speaker I have used. Good performance all around, very smooth with solid bass and top end. Imaging is excellent great speakers. All of the speakers were used in a cabinet. The Telefunkens came out of a console I purchased from an elderly lady who said she used the radio maybe twice in 20 years and they look new. If interested let me know and we can do some price talk, but cheap is the order of the day.

Re: Odds and Ends, Couple more items [message #32515 is a reply to message #32512] Sun, 26 June 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Added a couple other items

Re: Odds and Ends [message #32516 is a reply to message #32514] Sun, 26 June 2005 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"And this car was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sunday..."

Dibs on the Telefunkens, Technics and Nakamichi. Anything else in there you recommend I should take a closer look at?

Gar.

Re: Odds and Ends [message #32518 is a reply to message #32516] Mon, 27 June 2005 04:34 Go to previous message
Baron
Send me a email and we can talk turkey. I think the heathkits are worth some effort, as I understand it they used Altec to build these drivers and put their name on them. Anyway drop me an email and we can discuss.
Tim

Previous Topic: Dust Cover and Felt Mat for AR XA Turntable
Next Topic: Wanted: B-5025, B-5030, NL-5025, ZM1030, ZM1032
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:11:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers