Home » Audio » Group Build » cathode followers: minimum input impedance configuration?
cathode followers: minimum input impedance configuration? [message #31869] Fri, 07 April 2006 17:30 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
I have built some linestages with cathode follower outputs. Straight triode, triode cascodes, and pentodes.

I saw a description of a linestage using the type 85 tube. It was described as having a cascode 6BL7 output stage. The 85 is a high plate Z, low-ish mu triode. Seems that this output buffer would present a minimal load to its plate.

How to manage the input capacitance? Will a screen grid have more capacitance to grid than the other options? Let me gues...depends on the screen grid...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Re: Douglas [message #31870 is a reply to message #31869] Wed, 19 April 2006 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Are you still looking for an SCA 35?

well now... [message #31871 is a reply to message #31870] Thu, 20 April 2006 04:25 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I would always like to have more gear. The question is usually, where am I going to put it. Answering this with a low acquisition price makes squeezing another one in easier.

Pentode at netscape Period com

Thanks for asking,
Douglas

Previous Topic: more Peerless engineering samples
Next Topic: gapped Iron
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:18:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio