Home » Audio » Group Build » AE transformers and chokes for 300B project
AE transformers and chokes for 300B project [message #31856] Wed, 29 March 2006 07:49 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I asked "AE-Europe" company from Netherlands about the prices for chokes and power transformer I used in my SE 300B project, if someone is interested. Today I received the answer, and the prices are:

"Centurion" power transformer with hood is Eur 58,- (~$70)
Grid chokes (amorphous "C"-core) Eur 60,- a pair (~$73)
Power supply chokes 10H 250mA 100 Ohm Eur 14,- each (~$17)
Power supply chokes 10H 150mA 140 Ohm Eur 12,- each (~$14.50)

115V (USA) is no problem. Shipping cost and delivery time (US or other countries) - best to ask direct, depends on location.
They have nice OPTs, too - but I didn`t try them yet, just the PT and chokes mentioned above - those are high-quality products with good prices, IMO.
Of course, I have no affiliation with "AE-Europe" company other then being the customer.

Re: AE transformers and chokes for 300B project [message #31858 is a reply to message #31856] Wed, 29 March 2006 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi Damir,

These are very good product prices indeed.

But, shipping from Europe to the US can be quite expensive.

Did you get any shipping quotes to the US? What did you have to pay for shipping on these items?

Thanks

Norris

Re: AE transformers and chokes for 300B project [message #31859 is a reply to message #31858] Wed, 29 March 2006 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Huh, I didn`t get any shipping quotes, I`ll ask again. I only remember the last time I ordered grid chokes, small/light package and postage was $24...but across the Europe (NL-CRO). PT is heavy, but grid chokes and PT+hood are rel. low price, and maybe even with postage they wouldn`t be too expensive? As I said, I`ll ask again...

Re: AE transformers and chokes for 300B project [message #31861 is a reply to message #31859] Thu, 30 March 2006 09:51 Go to previous message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi Damir,

Thanks for the picture, the visual pictures helped me to realize just how robust the build quality of these transformers and chokes are, very good.

As for shipping, even if it is the double cost over buying comparable products in the US. They are more than likely still a bargain. Apples to Apples!

Norris

Previous Topic: Choke cpaazitance, round 2
Next Topic: more Peerless engineering samples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 22:04:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers