Home » Audio » Group Build » Seduced by the Dark Side
Seduced by the Dark Side [message #31843] Sat, 25 March 2006 19:27 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
hey-Hey!!!,
Somebody talked me into a SE 45 project...does that count? or for full conversion and awarding myself a Darth ____ name must I apply some of my own funds?
cheers,
Douglas

Re: Seduced by the Dark Side [message #31844 is a reply to message #31843] Sat, 25 March 2006 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Douglas,

That is a good sounding tube in a SET amplifier. I have not heard a 45 SET that I did not like. But, I have only heard about a half dozen 45 SET amplifiers over the years.

I hope you plan on running some efficient speakers, since it has about 1.5 watts of output power. That power level is more suited to 100db+ horns.

Please let us know what circuit you come up with? And please share your outcome?

Have fun!

Norris Wilson

Re: Seduced by the Dark Side [message #31845 is a reply to message #31844] Sun, 26 March 2006 05:30 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
hey-Hey!!!,
The project is in the planning stages. The amp will be part of a tri-amp set up, so the low power is not such an issue. The system these will go in is owned by an artist...so appearance is impartant.

Among the foolishness on the table now is an 866-rectified PS. Then there is the desire to do an all-DH amp. The bummer is I can't get past the idea of using a bigger power valve for a driver than the finals. The 10Y is a much more attractive valve than that ol' 45 anyway...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: Anyone use 6S45P with 12B4A concertina for PP 7591A or 6L6?
Next Topic: Measuring Z impedance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 09:30:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout