Home » Audio » Group Build » C-Core grid chokes
Re: measuring grid chokes [message #31604 is a reply to message #31593] Wed, 14 December 2005 19:52 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats right; it's the roadmap.

Re: measuring grid chokes [message #31605 is a reply to message #31586] Wed, 14 December 2005 08:52 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think it would be wise to publish test results identifying the items being tested.

But there is one problem. You and I both have this same sort of dilemma.

Since you're pretty connected in the industry, your biases might be called into question. Better to avoid this sort of thing. The best way to do something like this is with independent confirmation. An objective outside party is not going to be questioned like you might be.

Then again, sometimes it's not economically possible to send samples out to a lab. In that case, I'd say publish your findings but be careful about interpreting them. If you post an unfavorable interpretation in a public forum, you'll probably be attacked. Or if you post proudly about your own work, even in a private forum, sometimes people will react. Not that controversy is always avoidable or even bad, but if you publish interpretations of work like this, it is bound to bring some your way.

Previous Topic: Resistor choices for SV811 project
Next Topic: minimizing Cw and evaluating tradeoffs....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:10:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio