Home » Audio » Group Build » Need favorite 12B4 for Guinevere line stage recommendations?
Re: You and Kevin,working together, that's neat. [message #31524 is a reply to message #31520] Sat, 03 December 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Hi 2wo, Norris, and others.

Funny observation. Made me chuckle for a moment. But, actually, there is a fair amount of co-operation and friendliness amongst the more mature players\producers\participants in tube audio.

Just on our forthcoming projects alone we have worked with a host of companies, designers, consultants and etc. From Gordon Rankin (who gave me the initial good direction to go in preamp wise) to Steve Eddy of Q-audio, to Kevin Carter of K&K audio, to Bottlehead, to Paul Joppa, to VoltSec, Richard from Leeds Electronics, and others who I am probably going to miss naming.

This can be a really fun industry to work in. The mature folks realize that killing each other benefits no one... not themselves, not other producers, not the consumer.

are we all partisans of our own products, market niches, and favor our own "approaches"... of course... but the neat guys in the industry none-the-less co-operate with others and then everyone ultimately benefits.

And, Kevin in particular is one of my fave people to talk to, gossip, and just shoot the poop.

cheers,

msl

heh-heh-heh... [message #31526 is a reply to message #31524] Sat, 03 December 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
quoted::::the neat guys in the industry none-the-less co-operate with others and then everyone ultimately benefits.

So here is to everyone benefitting from pleasant and honest cooperation between the neat guys. Since the published list is quite short and centered about a well-defined way of doing things and co-operating, I should remind everybody that there are other ways. Many other ways.

For instance, as the list of 'neat guys' was quite short of TX winders, Jack Elliano and Heyboer TX, along with a whole host of others are out there.

So, 'scuse me, my Citation II and Heath W6 are calling me!
cheers,
Douglas

Re: heh-heh-heh... [message #31527 is a reply to message #31526] Sat, 03 December 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
pakman wrote:

:::Since the published list is quite short...:::

apologies for the brevity... the danger in extending thanks, gratuities, and recongnition by name is that, invariably, you always forget to name someone and often times multiples of others who have contributed or etc...

for instance I could also mention Jeff Lessard of Pantheon-Audio, Terry Cain, Michael Pischetto of Progressive Engineering turntables (who has done all of our CAD drawings), Jeffrey Jacson of Experience Music, the good Dowdy Llama (Jim Dowdy) who has provided much inspiration...

and, still, invariably... even an extension of the list is bound to fail by leaving off someone else...

I don't keep a written list or anything... so it depends on the state of my memory.... and at my age the memory bank is shrinking.

the point being addressed is that 2wo mused and was (apparently) gleeful that someone like Kevin (who imports Lundahls and has some say in the product line development) and I.... who some might on the surface view as likely to be "fierce competitors" can in fact form
very productive "co-operative" relationships built on trust, respect, and good will. And I am all for that when and where it is warranted.

2wo's post made me smile and I thought it very polite and kind... so I just wanted to tell him that this really can be a fun industry to participate in... and that creativity is the by-product of much co-opertive effort... and cheers to all the neat folks in the tube world.

cheerios,

msl

Re: heh-heh-heh... [message #31532 is a reply to message #31527] Sat, 03 December 2005 13:36 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Isn't that the explanation why all of the used car dealerships are on the same block? Makes sense to me; if you don't have it he might.

Previous Topic: Guienever tube rolling
Next Topic: Merlin Iron connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:25:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout