Home » Audio » Group Build » new additions
new additions [message #31407] Fri, 28 October 2005 10:43 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I sent Wayne pdf files of the Merlin update, and of the buffer linestage. No name for the Linestage as of yet, so I'm open to any suggestions.

Merlin is shown with an arbitrary DH Pentode. If you'd like any particular value defined as to why and how much and for what set of operating parameters, fire away!

The Bi-filar OPTx for the linestage was obtained from Intact Audio, and works quite well. I have ideas about modifying it, but nothing worked out yet.
cheers,
Douglas

Merlin V2 [message #31408 is a reply to message #31407] Sat, 29 October 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey... V2:

-hibrid cascode diff. driver (triodes and Mosfets)
-2 CCS
-PP grid choke
-OPT with two UL taps - one for g2/pentode, other for E-linear feedback

Interesting, original, technically advanced, but simple and "direct" at the same time. Congratualation!

But, other file, "Buffer Linestage" is again "Merlin V2" - mistake.

P.S. Received today some electronics parts from Germany. Winter is coming, the right time for building new projects...

ummmm....Wayne? [message #31409 is a reply to message #31408] Sat, 29 October 2005 10:03 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
The modification I did to the peerless S265Q has three taps, and I drew just two of them. It is drawn for the 4E27A where I want to try 'almost-pentode' at 20% U-L connection. It is one of the neat things about those OPTx's, one can use what ever connection sounds best, and experiment with different levels of NFB. I wound the first pair with the stock 50%, and an additional 30% tap, and use 30% for both E-Linear and U-L connection. I wanted more versatility.

I sent Wayne the linestage circuit. I don't have the keys to the projects folder. {anyway, I thought I sent the linestage...I will re-send the proper file if it was my mistake}

Anyway, I am building the 4E27A amp and then I hope to experiment with a cathode driven triode output stage. Likely driven by an E-Linear DH stage....I have 3k, 5k, 8k and 10k a-a:500R output TX's for what will be the main IT coupler in this design. Just need to unwind and remake with E-Linear tapping.
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: I feel like a murderer
Next Topic: 300B Project, part 4 - The output stage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:06:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers