Home » Audio » Group Build » Peerless transformers
Re: My pleasure [message #31353 is a reply to message #31351] Wed, 14 September 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Trademark renewals aren't due for 10 years, but you are required to provide proof of use 5 years after registration.

Re: My pleasure [message #31355 is a reply to message #31351] Wed, 14 September 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yeap, You are dead-on about patents. They only give you the right to sue (and they look cool hangin' on the wall.) As I'm sure you know, patent/TM attorneys are EXPENSIVE ($500/hour easily)

My patents are in the chemistry of semiconductor lithography. It's amazing to see how far the industry has come in just a few years. The speeds are starting to deviate from Moore's Law (chip speed doubles every 18 months,) but the memory sector is just mind numbing. Memory chips are now based on 50 nanometer technology!! When I left the industry, they were at 193nm in some fabs, and sub-100nm was not even on the drawing board.

Mike, again, I'm sorry your introduction to ART could not have been on more positive terms. I do not know the full story behind the relationship you and Doug (nor do I care to know.) Doug has been very helpful for us newbs and always willing to help. He really is a good guy that cares about the preservation of vacuum tube technology. I wish you two the best of luck in sorting out your differences.......Colin

Re: My pleasure [message #31357 is a reply to message #31353] Wed, 14 September 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Hi Wayne:

I asked my trademark attorney that question this morning and he assures me that the renewal issued in 1996 was good for 10 years due to the age of the original registration. In any case this is why I retain a trademark attorney... a senior level managing partner in his law firm... he tracks and looks after all of these issues\requirements on our behalf.

It's not my job to try to do his job.

mike

That'll learn ya [message #31358 is a reply to message #31311] Wed, 14 September 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Wow, that thread sure made for some good reading this morning. Did you ever get your question answered? I think I'm going to sit out this one. Got a new baby coming any day (or hour).......Colin

Re: That'll learn ya [message #31359 is a reply to message #31358] Wed, 14 September 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That transformer could be a future project for the little tyke.
Good Luck there bud.

Here 'tis [message #31371 is a reply to message #31345] Fri, 16 September 2005 02:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This is not a trademark for "Peerless", but rather a graphic logo of a stylized "P".

Previous Topic: Merlin OPTx:group purchase organization
Next Topic: and this marks to my knowledge...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:00:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio