Home » Audio » Group Build » Aikido linestage
Aikido linestage [message #31279] Thu, 25 August 2005 18:00 Go to next message
Forty2wo is currently offline  Forty2wo
Master
Hi All,
I attended the D.C, Maryland Bottlehead meeting last week, hosted by Ray.P.

This was the debut of the 45 DRD amp and I must say that it was very well received by some of the best ears in the mid Atlantic region (T. you were there in spirit)

One reason there have been no post on it, was it worked, sounded pretty good and I didn’t want to break it before I could get some feedback.

But that’s not why I called.

Ray brought his Aikido line stage. We listened to it with the 45’s two sets of Paramours Ray’s 829’s, amongst others.

It sounds wonderful, I got to build one.

It just so happens that Bas Horneman is having a PCB made for a group buy over at DIY TUBES ( if you can’t find it let me know and I will dig up a link)

I nominate it as a new group build. Use tubes you have on hand, or want to try anyway a PCB makes it easy. For a power supply, if you built the Guinevere your good to go

Anyway Bas is trying to get his order together so I thought I would let you know.
Check some of the threads and see what you think…John

BTW: the usual disclaimers Yada, Yada, Yada. Geeks just wana have fun….

Re: Aikido linestage [message #31280 is a reply to message #31279] Fri, 26 August 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Forty2 the Akido is a Tubecad journal design by John Broskie. The PCB's are being shown on another forum, but I don't think it is DIYTUBES is it? . If you get a link for the PCB's you should post it but this project is also being done on the other forum started by the guys on the Joelist. Anyone looking to see the schematic can go to TUBECAD Journal.
I just offer that as a little side piece of info but the Pre looks real nice. I like building with PCB's it makes things so easy.

Re: Aikido linestage [message #31281 is a reply to message #31280] Fri, 26 August 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Here is the link I spoke of...John

Re: Aikido linestage [message #31282 is a reply to message #31281] Fri, 26 August 2005 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes thats the same site I mentioned. When you wrote DIYTUBE I thought you meant Shannon's site. So what do you think of the PCB's? And of course the rest of the circuit.

Re: Aikido linestage [message #31283 is a reply to message #31282] Fri, 26 August 2005 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I am with you there, a PCB makes for an easy build.
As for this one, Looks OK, you can use a verity of 9 pin tubes, and hey. There $9.50 if it doesn’t work for you pull your tubes and you are out two bucks worth of resistors.

As for the circuit, I would not have considered building at first look, I being a simpler is better kind of guy. Then I heard it.

Shows what I know.

John Broskie of tube Cad, is coming out with a PCB as well. I want to see it as well.

I don’t know who you mean by "Shannon's site" is this one I know by another name?…John

Re: Aikido linestage [message #31284 is a reply to message #31283] Sat, 27 August 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Shannon's site is called DIYTUBE. He offers extremely high quality PCB's for modifying Dyna and Eico amps. And they have some generic tubes sections with discussions of tube circuitry and such. I only mention it on ART because it is pretty much dedicated to the four amps mentioned.
I use his version of Dyna's ST 35 EL 84 PP amp and boy is that amp sweet.
And very cheap to build.

RE: Aikido Linestage [message #31290 is a reply to message #31280] Mon, 05 September 2005 19:58 Go to previous message
cheetah is currently offline  cheetah
Viscount
Attached is a link to an on going discussion about an Aikido build.

Previous Topic: so let's speak of mods to the Aikido circuit of John's
Next Topic: Grounded grid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:40:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout