Home » Audio » Group Build » Dear Manualblock
Dear Manualblock [message #31258] Tue, 16 August 2005 05:10 Go to next message
Thrint is currently offline  Thrint
Baron
any anybody else for that matter:

My offer of troubleshooting help has *NOT* expired. Instead of beating me in a forum I don't choose to read, with a problem I have not been made aware of, why not just ask me directly?
regards,
Douglas

Re: Dear Manualblock [message #31259 is a reply to message #31258] Tue, 16 August 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I must have missed something. What's up?

Re: Dear Manualblock [message #31260 is a reply to message #31258] Tue, 16 August 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, I was just joking about neverending "Guinevere" buzz troubles that "Manualbloc" said he has... My joke has a meaning "that`s all Doug`s fault, not yours"... This is not a serious thread, and "Manualbloc" even said later that buzz doesnt exists?!
I`m sorry that you are upset with those (bad) jokes, my apology - sometimes we have nothing better to do...

nope... [message #31261 is a reply to message #31260] Tue, 16 August 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I read the thread, and those above it and below. I saw Damir's humor( ask Doug for a refund ). I did not see anything to indicate 'block was kidding. Maybe I should have looked harder...

based on seeing the complaint in an out of the way place, and believing it, I stand by my post. I don't read the dungeon, and actually think that some of its content is a bit over the top. It is my opinion though, no more no less.

Besides, seems like the only person missing so far is the one I have greatest interest in hearing from.
regards,
Douglas

Re: nope... [message #31262 is a reply to message #31261] Tue, 16 August 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You mean this?

www.AudioRoundTable.com/Dungeon/messages/1137.html

John was just kidding. He makes it clear two or three posts below:

www.AudioRoundTable.com/Dungeon/messages/1143.html

John can get ornery sometimes, but he's quick with praise too. I'm absolutely certain if he saw that you were thinkin' he'd put you or your designs down, he'd be quick to set the record straight and buy you a cold one of your favorite flavor.

Re: Dear Manualblock [message #31263 is a reply to message #31258] Tue, 16 August 2005 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Boy this post grew up quick; I just checked it this morning. I was only kidding with Colin on the hum thing because he said I was a bitter and angry man and living in New York made me that way. But that was because I insulted the food in Ohio first so he was just getting even with me; and rightfully so. I know it sounds pretty infantile but hey; it's a slow summer.
If you ever happen to look at the DIY Tubes forum, under Tubes 101 and DIY Tubes; there are some comments I made there a while back concerning your design. That should indicate the truth of how I feel about Guinevere. Look under the posts from about a week or so ago.
Matter of fact I am expecting the new top-plate anyday for the permanent house for the lady.
I will never say anything about a person that I would not say to the person.
Also thanks for the continued offer of support; I may take you up on that in the near future regarding some other tube stuff.
Regards,J.R.

Re: nope... [message #31264 is a reply to message #31262] Tue, 16 August 2005 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
It was not the design I saw on the recieving end. It was pointed at me for offering any support required that I took notice of. Seems I was mistaken anyway...

The design is subjective, and anybody is quite entitled to say it sucks because _______. I am just as entitled to take up a rebuttal to the complaints. Usually it can be no more than a difference of opinion on such things like sonics. I thought this was a bit different, of a more personal nature of me not honoring commitments. Like I said earlier, seems I was mistaken anyway, and did not read the critical statement of humoristic intent.

It's no biggie and I am not upset with any of the interested parties.
regards,
Douglas

and anyway... [message #31265 is a reply to message #31264] Tue, 16 August 2005 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
'scuse me for a bit, I am going to go and build with 100% SS components for a while.
regards,
Douglas

Re: nope... [message #31266 is a reply to message #31262] Tue, 16 August 2005 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats a fact; ornery is my middle name. I got to work on that sometime. A little humble goes a long way. Look at Douglas; he's a humble guy but he designs incredibly good sounding audio. Same goes for yourself.
Colin and I can learn something from you two.

Speak softly but carry a hot iron.

Re: and anyway... [message #31267 is a reply to message #31265] Tue, 16 August 2005 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Better say five Hail Mary's and Two Our Fathers. And do penance.

Previous Topic: The DRD 45 breadboard
Next Topic: The DRD update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 20:16:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout