Home » Audio » Group Build » Iron for 811
Iron for 811 [message #31204] Wed, 29 June 2005 19:28 Go to next message
Forty2wo is currently offline  Forty2wo
Master
Brian at DIY sells the outputs from his Lady Day/Billy amps. 3k-7k 120ma $260 a pair shipping included. James or Lundel would work as well...John

Re: Iron for 811 [message #31206 is a reply to message #31204] Wed, 29 June 2005 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I went with the One Electron UBT-2 for now. The original article in VTV recommended a set from Electra Print, but I couldn't quite justify the $700 right now. I'll be happy if plays music the first time.....Colin

Re: Iron for 811 [message #31209 is a reply to message #31206] Fri, 01 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metasonix is currently offline  metasonix
Viscount
The UBT-2 is ok, I built a few amps using it. But the Electra-Print transformers absolutely kick ASS on everything else available. They actually produce some bass.

"End of discussion" [message #31213 is a reply to message #31209] Fri, 01 July 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I believe this was the quote from the VTV article. Yeah, I'm sure the EP OPTx is superior to the UBT, but I simply sould not afford the EP at this time. My focus right now is to learn. I did not choose this amp to build on a whim, but rather as one for a life time. From my very limited knowledge, the design meets all my criteria (simplicity and excellent rep.) Also, the parts count is low enough that any changes made to a particular part should have a noticeable sonic change/signature......Colin

Re: "End of discussion" [message #31215 is a reply to message #31213] Fri, 01 July 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
"End Of Discussion", man thats brutal.
You should do like Wayne does and post a photo of something totally innocuous and unrelated when you want to cut off the thread. I hope I am not out of line here, you just caught me by surprise with that. Discussion is why we are here.

I've found that it always helps when you understand that there is a reference standard for music; then it doesn't matter what anyone says; it just matters if it sounds right.
Keep on truckin', thats a good piece of amp comin' up.

Clarification on "End of Discussion" [message #31216 is a reply to message #31215] Fri, 01 July 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
No, this quote was from the original VTV artice. The article basically said the EP was the best SE OPTx around - End of Discussion. Sorry if it came off wrong......Colin

Re: Clarification on "End of Discussion" [message #31218 is a reply to message #31216] Fri, 01 July 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I post pics sometimes just 'cause I like 'em, not to cut off a thread or anything. The laughing guys are just like writing "LOL" or whatever, but I like the cartoons better. Pics of other stuff are usually just eye candy.

Re: Clarification on "End of Discussion" [message #31219 is a reply to message #31216] Sat, 02 July 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No I beg to differ, your post is fine; upon reading my post the intention was not clear and I see it appears pompous and ill-concieved on my part. Thats what I get for trying to be amusing.

Re: Clarification on "End of Discussion" [message #31220 is a reply to message #31218] Sat, 02 July 2005 07:29 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I observe everyones method for terminating a thread they feel is not worth persuing any longer. You like to post a non-threatening amusing photo instead of possibly offending someone. No problem there; just different strokes.
You know there are really only a dozen of regular posters here and after a while you get to know everyones habits pretty well. The fact that everyone gets along indicates to me that whatever is happening is working. Thats why I personally am comfortable speaking my mind, joking around, and making the occasional Faux Pas.

Previous Topic: 811 project - bases finished
Next Topic: The DRD is on the breadboard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:17:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout