Home » Audio » Group Build » On the amps...
On the amps... [message #31039] Mon, 28 March 2005 05:17 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I am going to be *EXTREMELY* busy from about a week from now until the beginning of June. After that things should be back to something like 'normal', and I'd be able to be thoroughly involved with the amp building project again.

So the quesetion is: can you do it w/o anythig but light involvement on my part?

I must say that it is complex enough that I'd rather be more involved in the project, especially by way of providing more instruction before pats get ordered. Things like arrangement and other details. Not that you have not demonstrated a good level of competence in the construction of Guinevere....
regards,
Douglas

Re: On the amps... [message #31040 is a reply to message #31039] Mon, 28 March 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheetah is currently offline  cheetah
Viscount
I have no problem waiting. I am actively acquiring parts for Guinevere, and the time would help me sock some cash away for the amp iron.

Joe

Re: On the amps... [message #31041 is a reply to message #31040] Wed, 30 March 2005 17:43 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-hey!!!,
It is just as well to wait a bit. I am acquiring a bit more interesting Iron. For the amp under discussion, a 10k a-a load is just about perfect. There is some lower( numeric ) loads comming available soon enough I think. 8k @ 20W, 6k6 @ 20W for starters. Let alone the copies of the mediocre Dynaco stuff.

The trick remains to be able to put the taps in the plate winding in strategically important spots. It seems that the better Iron has more layers, which shrinks the percentage of winding per layer and increases the number of options. The 10k OPTx I've been playing with has 20 layers from a-a, so 10% increments are easy to do at the ends of the layers.
regards,
Douglas

Previous Topic: Heard Guinevere yesterday
Next Topic: New PCB for the CCS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:48:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers