Home » Audio » Group Build » Heard Guinevere yesterday
Heard Guinevere yesterday [message #31036] Sun, 27 March 2005 07:23 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
HEy-Hey!!!,
I heard Forty2wo's Guinevere linestage yesterday( and his 6J6 Nickel Wonder as well). It turned out as nice as I expected. Detailed, dynamic and quite balanced. I didn't really expect any different, but it was nice to see the same good results I got with a similar circuit.
regards,
Douglas

and Happy Easter everybody!

Re: Heard Guinevere yesterday [message #31037 is a reply to message #31036] Sun, 27 March 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I feel terrible that I haven't built mine yet, but I'm glad I have all the parts to do so. I was wondering if anyone will bring theirs to the Great Plains Audiofest?

Re: Heard Guinevere yesterday [message #31038 is a reply to message #31036] Sun, 27 March 2005 20:31 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I have been listening to Guinevere using both the Gainclone and my EL 84 PP amp. This is how I would characterize the sound so far. I like that sense of being able to feel the instrument being plucked or strummed in real space with that 3d depth you get with good equipment. It does this well, sounding solid and having good weight and great prescence. Smooth with good seperation between sounds and a clear open silky full rendering of piano and natural voice.
So far;so good. I need a much better quality amp to bring out the real abilities; so that comes next.

Previous Topic: Happy Easter!
Next Topic: On the amps...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:44:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout