Home » Audio » Group Build » Iron counting
Iron counting [message #31018] Sat, 19 March 2005 05:53 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
hey-Hey!!!,
For those interested in the special Heyboer output Iron, we should gather as many together for a group buy.

There's is also the grid chokes. I highly recommend these as the maximum grid impedance for most of the finals under consideratin is 30kOhm( one heck of a load IMO ). I am checking into a new revision of these items with Nicklel laminations. Not going to be as inexpensive as M6 but I suspect it would be worth it.

Other parts required will be more MOSFETS. I think the SMT DN3545 item will work quite well with no other mods to the schematic. LND150's are chosen for their 500V D-S rating. 2 for each amp of the 7.5 uf caps like Guinevere's output couplers, one each of the 100 uf for the main PS. UX5 sockets for the finals. GZ34's for rectifiers ( new production will be fine, we are ~half of its ratings ).

The Guinevere power Iron should do the trick, and that leaves the inductor. The 10Hy/300 mA Hammond is probably easiest to acquire.

I'm in for a pair of Outputs, and likely a pair of Nickel grid chokes(if Nickel is affordable, probably a $35 or so premium, or something like double the anticipated cost ).
regards,
Douglas

2 pr. OPTx [message #31025 is a reply to message #31018] Sat, 19 March 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I and another mate from school are each in for a pair of the custom OPTx. Jump in and be counted.

If I have a number to take to Heyboer on Monday, it will be quite easy to get underway. If the general idea is to wait a bit, we can gather up the loose ends and answer questions for a bit too. I am in no hurry.
regards,
Douglas

Re: 2 pr. OPTx [message #31026 is a reply to message #31025] Sat, 19 March 2005 15:15 Go to previous message
cheetah is currently offline  cheetah
Viscount
I am in for a pair. I too am in no hurry.

Joe

Previous Topic: Millett's amp
Next Topic: Hey Doug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:23:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers