Home » Audio » Group Build » Pics of Guinevere
Pics of Guinevere [message #30965] Mon, 14 March 2005 16:08 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)

Hopefully this shot of the Guinevere breadboard will be visible.

The suspense is killing me! [message #30966 is a reply to message #30965] Mon, 14 March 2005 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
none of the pic links work at this time now. now that the easy part is done( building her ) we can deal with the truly mystical and difficult....posting the pics.
regards,
Douglas

Re: The suspense is killing me! [message #30967 is a reply to message #30966] Mon, 14 March 2005 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
boy; you ain't kiddin'. I think I'll learn some foriegn language; it'll be easier than this link stuff.
Say; where have you been anyway?

ummmm.... [message #30968 is a reply to message #30967] Mon, 14 March 2005 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I have been doing spring cleaning. I discovered there is a cement floor in my garage. For a while there I wasn't sure...Pick up a dead ___, what is useful inside? take out the good bits and make a pile with the rest, package and sort the good bits. Learn to do it faster. EX: removing 2W Allen Bradley pots from Tektronics plug-in modules. And the ceramic terminal strips, and the____, no the 'keep pile' is getting far to big and difuse...re-sort! more crap to the scrap pile.

Also working out the details of the amp's schematic and parts list. I find that there is a whole bunch of stuff that is one detail on top of another. Detail trouble-shooting voltages. Grounding scheme, how big does it have to be? TX orientation...bias, power, inductor, grid choke, OPTx. How to keep all that stuff from interfering with each other.
regards,
Douglas

Re: ummmm.... [message #30969 is a reply to message #30968] Mon, 14 March 2005 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah I noticed you were scarce this week on the net. I'm Installing a pedestle sink and re-doing the wainscotting in the bath, while tracking down small case of hum. Damned house gets in the way of all this enjoyment.
Glad to see you are interested in the breadboard pics; I will get them up tommorrow if it kills me.

if it kills you... [message #30970 is a reply to message #30969] Mon, 14 March 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
please leave me Guinevere!
regards,
Douglas

Re: if it kills you... [message #30975 is a reply to message #30970] Tue, 15 March 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No way; if I die I am taking it with me!

Re: Pics of Guinevere [message #30989 is a reply to message #30965] Wed, 16 March 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Dude, where are the pictures?

I finally got all the noise out of the pre. Sounds very nice. I found out I had a grounding issue with the PARASex amp that was causing a problem. Also, a brand new cable set has a loose connector. If it's not one thing it's another.

Thanks again for the horn site (http://members.aol.com/araiyuichi/). You said you knew somebody that built them. Think you can hook me up with him?.....Colin

Re: Pics of Guinevere [message #30990 is a reply to message #30989] Wed, 16 March 2005 10:19 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
They're coming, what a pain figuring this out, it was easier building Guinevere.

Previous Topic: Amp Studies
Next Topic: throw another preamp on the fire, boys!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:29:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio