Home » Audio » Group Build » mute switch
mute switch [message #30780] Wed, 02 March 2005 11:10 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Is anyone using the DPST mute switch? I don't see it on the schematic or in the photo's.

Re: mute switch [message #30781 is a reply to message #30780] Wed, 02 March 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thrint is currently offline  Thrint
Baron
I am going to use it. A small R-S unit. When closed it shorts the output side of the caps to ground. I think I put it in the original schematic( or at least half of it ). When open it is about as far as is possible to have removed from the audio path. What little capacitance is added is well overshadowed by the drive capability of the plate load/output buffer's drive.

It isn't a big deal, just requires a turn on sequence if omitted. It also make linestage tube rolling easier, as you can short the outputs, and power off the linestage w/o messign with the amp.
regards,
Douglas

Didn't use [message #30782 is a reply to message #30780] Wed, 02 March 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I did not use it, but the pre does thump when turned on after the amp. I now turn on source, the pre and then the amp with about a 20 second delay between each w/o a problem.....Colin

PS Just tried to link Damir's hand drawn schematic and it's gone. What's up with that?

Re: Didn't use [message #30783 is a reply to message #30782] Wed, 02 March 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
It comes up when I access it? My computors been funny today; acting kinda strange, twice the server died.

Re: Didn't use [message #30785 is a reply to message #30783] Wed, 02 March 2005 13:41 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I just checked it to be sure it was available. The image file is stored on a free image host, which will probably throttle access as far as bandwidth is concerned. If it gets hit a lot, the server will probably limit access. But that's just a guess.

I copied the image file onto my local computer. If Damir comes back around after what he's dealing with then maybe it will not become an issue. But if he doesn't login to to his hosting account for a long time, it may be terminated. Probably best to get copies of any of the schematics drawn, just in case. I don't think he would mind, and if he comes back around and wants the image files back, we'll have them in case he doesn't.

Previous Topic: Grid stopper resistor placement
Next Topic: Guinevere LIVES
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:51:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout