Home » Audio » Group Build » Guinevere LIVES
Guinevere LIVES [message #30775] Tue, 01 March 2005 23:21 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Got it up and running after I figured out I had the voulme pot wired backwards. Sounds very nice. I do, however, have a little 60 cycle hum in one channel. I gotta go back and check my grounds. Sounds pretty nice out of the gate.....Colin

Congratulations! [message #30776 is a reply to message #30775] Wed, 02 March 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's exciting! I need to find some time and wire mine up too. I hope one of us will bring ours to the Great Plains Audiofest.

Re: Guinevere LIVES [message #30777 is a reply to message #30775] Wed, 02 March 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Congrats Colin; Got pics?

Re: Guinevere LIVES [message #30778 is a reply to message #30775] Wed, 02 March 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thrint is currently offline  Thrint
Baron
Nice job! I thought there might be more trouble than that, it's good to be wrong. If I can help, just ask. I'm out w/o my password for the 'real' moniker, or access to my email.

Aside from the hum which you will conquer, did it meet your expectations?
regards,
Douglas

those wascally Tnuctipun...we'll get 'em!

Re: Guinevere LIVES [message #30779 is a reply to message #30778] Wed, 02 March 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Guinevere lived up to my expectations in every way, shape and form. Aside from the hum, which really is very little, it's pretty nice. I have it hooked up to my basement system, which consists of a pair of 8" single driver open baffles, and old 100 wpc ss Onkyo amp and a cheap portable Panasonic CD player.

I will not comment on its sound in much detail until it gets fully broken in and the hum is fixed. I can, however, tell a reduction in the noise level after just a few hours. I need to go back and tweek the base to reduce microphonics. This is a result of thin thin top I used. A little dampening and tube rings should take care of this. Also, I need to stain the base just to finish it off.

My wife was even kind of impressed by the way it turned out. MAJOR score. I'll have pictures posted as soon as I return the PoS Nikon Coolpix I just picked up. It stopped working after about 30 pictures......Colin

Re: Guinevere LIVES [message #30786 is a reply to message #30779] Wed, 02 March 2005 13:43 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I am soooo eager to see your amp. I'll bet it's pure art. I'm eager to find time to build mine too...

Previous Topic: mute switch
Next Topic: Mounting Coupling caps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 23:46:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout