Home » Audio » Group Build » Rs Filament supply
Rs Filament supply [message #30686] Fri, 25 February 2005 14:24 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Anyone have the input on wiring the AC to the filament transformer?

Re: Rs Filament supply [message #30696 is a reply to message #30686] Fri, 25 February 2005 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The way I'm doing it is to wire both Tx's together in parallel to two terminals on a barrier strip. The power comes in after the fuse and switch and neurtal is hooked to one terminal and hot is hooked to the other. On my barrier strip, the center terminal makes contact with the chassis and is used as the earth (green wire).....Colin

Re: Rs Filament supply [message #30698 is a reply to message #30696] Fri, 25 February 2005 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks Colin; I wanted to avoid running two AC line cords through the length of the chassis. On mine the Signal circuit is on one side and the power is on the other. But the RS filament trans sits near the 5687 while the AC input is down by the power end. Trying to make the shortest AC path.

Re: Rs Filament supply [message #30702 is a reply to message #30698] Fri, 25 February 2005 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forty2wo is currently offline  Forty2wo
Master
If it's not too late, try to keep the fil xformer away form the low level stuff if you can. it is going to radiate a magnitic field as well as the power xformer...John

Re: Rs Filament supply [message #30705 is a reply to message #30702] Fri, 25 February 2005 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; I may have to relocate; just that it messes with the symmetry.
Maybe I'll bury it underneath on one of the 2x4's.
Say what do you guy's think about aluminum tape? I have a couple rolls of 2"; would that provide any shielding?

Re: Rs Filament supply [message #30710 is a reply to message #30705] Fri, 25 February 2005 19:58 Go to previous message
Forty2wo is currently offline  Forty2wo
Master
Yea, stick it underneath. my current line stage was built into a SS tissue holder I got form Ikea. i used a cheep allied transformer and got hum. If the box was 2" bigger I would have been OK I tried to sheild it but no go.
Al will not work for mag sheileding you need a ferreous metal and even then it's only a move for the desprate...John

Previous Topic: oil caps
Next Topic: The Poinz!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:43:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout