Home » Audio » Group Build » The Poinz!
Can you wait a few weeks? [message #30709 is a reply to message #30692] Fri, 25 February 2005 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
If we can sort out what we're going to build next, although I think the 6V6 is the winner, we can more than likely get 10-12 ordered. Could be a big price drop for all.....Colin

Re: Can you wait a few weeks? [message #30711 is a reply to message #30709] Fri, 25 February 2005 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheetah is currently offline  cheetah
Viscount
Colin,

No problem waiting a few weeks or so. I am a little short @ the quoted price, so told Phil I would cbk in couple weeks to place the order.

Joe

You know I got this quad of 6a5g's.... [message #30712 is a reply to message #30707] Fri, 25 February 2005 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forty2wo is currently offline  Forty2wo
Master
Im thinking simple. Maybe a single driver into a transformer spliter I have always wanted to do that...John

Simple... [message #30713 is a reply to message #30712] Fri, 25 February 2005 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, I find this about as simple as is possible. Even with 6A5's a 10-20% E-Linear/g2 tap has worked well. With a test-mule amp built with E-P OPTx, 50% E-Linear was still an improvement over none at all.

20% is probably a good one for a light touch. It flies in the face of no nfb for DHT's but there it is.

The E-Linear circuit has a bit of PS simplicity on its side too.

With Guinevere, running 5687's for gain, another 5687 would work quite well for the front end. there's too many triodes to list that I have tried or bracketed with this circuit. It is really easy to pick for...
regards,
Douglas

perhaps an amp thread ought to get started?

Simple... [message #30714 is a reply to message #30712] Fri, 25 February 2005 20:32 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, I find this about as simple as is possible. Even with 6A5's a 10-20% E-Linear/g2 tap has worked well. With a test-mule amp built with E-P OPTx, 50% E-Linear was still an improvement over none at all.

20% is probably a good one for a light touch. It flies in the face of no nfb for DHT's but there it is.

The E-Linear circuit has a bit of PS simplicity on its side too.

With Guinevere, running 5687's for gain, another 5687 would work quite well for the front end. there's too many triodes to list that I have tried or bracketed with this circuit. It is really easy to pick for...
regards,
Douglas

perhaps an amp thread ought to get started?

Previous Topic: Rs Filament supply
Next Topic: My CSS (if the pic works)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:20:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout