Home » Audio » Group Build » CCS module
CCS module [message #30498] Sun, 13 February 2005 08:40 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Today I finished CCS module on PCB, LED+BC558B/MJE350 version, from the book "Valve Amplifiers - third edition" by Morgan Jones. I can`t post the schematic, it`s on the page 138. Two transistor cascode, 120 Ohms resistor is set for 8mA, for larger current this R must be lower.
Well, I use marker + my favorite nail-polish (hehe), and results are not that spectacular, but "good enough". Then Fe-III-Chlorid does the rest. I fixed the heat sink with 2 mm screw from the Cu-side (tricky, sink is only 4 mm thick). Small dimensions of the board (33x75 mm) need precision... I added C1=1uF/630V MKT cap for local decoupling.
One of these days, I`ll try it (2A3 driver load, etc.).
And one more thing - I did my best to build it and describe it, but can`t guarantee the success...doesn`t mean to discourage anybody, but lot of patient work is needed... And beware of high voltage...

Re: CCS module -another view [message #30499 is a reply to message #30498] Sun, 13 February 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Even to photo this little creature is not easy...

Re: CCS module -another view [message #30500 is a reply to message #30499] Sun, 13 February 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Very nice work Damir; keep this up and before you know it you will be in business!
I built the Bottlehead CCS boards. If it would be any help to anyone I can photo or provide any info concerning those units. They have a tutorial in the manual that tells how to figure values of components on the board.

Re: CCS module -another view [message #30501 is a reply to message #30499] Sun, 13 February 2005 09:05 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Well, I`m not too proud for the quality of the traces and soldering (too much PC, too little PCB), but I hope it`ll be allright:-).
Anyway, thanks to "ImageShack"!

P.S. Of course, if somebody wants to build it, first adjust it to your actual components dimensions, and check the orientations of the components/Cu traces twice...:-) And beware of high voltage, and good luck, and...

Previous Topic: DN2540's arrived in the mail today
Next Topic: Forty2wo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:38:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout