Home » Audio » Group Build » CCS built
CCS built [message #30494] Sat, 12 February 2005 21:27 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Got the CCS wired together sans hookup wire, which I'm STILL waiting for. I bent the center pen up very carefully just to get more room. I you need extras, remember I still have about 20 left. I'm going to hold on to these until everyone is done. After that the spares are going to Damir, because he deserves them for all his work on the schematics. Thanks again Damir.....Colin

Re: CCS built [message #30495 is a reply to message #30494] Sun, 13 February 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Are you making small CCS modules like the Bottlehead CCS PCB's?

I need to check in more often, 'cause I miss like 20 or 30 posts in between times. Then I race through and try to read each one. I would like to make all the schematics and drawings available in the GroupBuild/Projects directory so a person can reference them easily.

How about as things are finalized and an agreement is made as to what drawing(s) and document(s) should be archived, E-mail webmaster@AudioRoundTable.com with them and we'll put them in this directory.

It's probably just me having so many things going on, but I still think it would be great to have the documents archive centralized.

Re: CCS built [message #30496 is a reply to message #30495] Sun, 13 February 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I mounted the four DNs on four separate heatsinks that are attached to a single 4 x 6" PC board. I attached all resistors to the board as well. The DN are mounted such that each is perpendicular to one another. Also, the PC board with attached hardware will be mounted perpendicular to the chassis' top, thus minimizing the amount of space it takes up. I'll try to post pictures, right after I get my brand spanking new non-working Coolpix replaced.

I think it's a great idea to archive what has been done, both for the people currently working on it and future builders. There's some good info that gets quickly lost...Colin

Re: CCS built [message #30497 is a reply to message #30496] Sun, 13 February 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's cool, Colin. Both on your CCS progress and on the document archive. Please post pics when you can.

And help keep me posted on the documents too please. You're pretty well on top of this right now, so please let me know when there are things that should be inserted or removed from the GroupBuild/Projects directory.

Re: CCS built [message #30502 is a reply to message #30497] Sun, 13 February 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Good idea Wayne, but maybe it`s better to wait a little, (till finished preamps),building/tweaking/finishing are lot of work...
Colin, congratualation on your building progress, and on your offer, I`d like a few DN2540...

Re: CCS built [message #30504 is a reply to message #30502] Sun, 13 February 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Damir, They extra DN2540s are yours when we finish. Are you in need of them right now? If so, I can ship you 10 now and the balance when we're done.....Colin

CCS heatsinks [message #30507 is a reply to message #30496] Sun, 13 February 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
hey-Hey!!!,
Just to save a bit ov room, the MOSFET with its drain connected to B+ is the one that needs heatsinking. The other is only going to have about a volt and a half drain-source, and will not get hot at all.

This is sometimes referred to as the 'Top' MSOFET. The 'Bottom' one is the one with its drain connected to the 'upper' source, and its source connected to the R-Set/biasing resistor/pot.

regards,
Douglas

Re: CCS heatsinks [message #30508 is a reply to message #30507] Sun, 13 February 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Too late. I already have both of them mounted on small RS heatsinks and the connections soldered. How many watts does the "top" MOSFET HS need to disipate.....Colin

Re: CCS built [message #30509 is a reply to message #30504] Sun, 13 February 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Thanks, no, I`m not in hurry... I built another CCS and I hope that I`ll find some time to experiment with various drivers for 2A3/6B4G amp. I have "neverending" breadborded 300B amp, and I`m curious about CCS/6C45Pi (or 6S45P) driver, and many other combinations.
Small problem is also that I`m on another continent:-).
Anyway, thanks!

Re: CCS heatsinks [message #30510 is a reply to message #30508] Sun, 13 February 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Let's see, in Guinevere it is dropping ~100V at 10 mA. That's a single Watt. The TO-220 ought to do that by itself, but it will get a bit on the warm side. I do like to be a bit on the conservative side with SS devices. Keeping the delta-T small also keeps thermal induced variations to a minimum.
regards,
Douglas

Previous Topic: Forty2wo
Next Topic: 6v6v6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:16:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers